Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 95

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Drew Beringer likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

A vocal constituency (particularly online) is gonna be pissy, & I wouldn't be surprised if the next Spider-Man film makes less than Far From Home (while still making Sony more than signing Disney's trash contract would've).

But. The young girls (& non-girls) who adore Tom Holland will still see a Tom Holland Spider-Man film either way. The people who I heard talking about Venom meeting Spider-Man w/out knowing it was separate aren't gonna care. The kids & parents at my church who saw Infinity War w/out knowing it was the first half of a 2-part story won't know the difference. People who aren't super plugged into Twitter, blogs, & message boards will be fine.

Certain story options are gone, & a certain crowd's attitude going in will be different. But, most people aren't gonna see another film w/ the same Peter, MJ, Ned, & May that they've fallen in love with, & then go, "I don't see 'Marvel Studios' on this trailer & poster. Pass."

Omni likes this.
  3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah I can't wait for all the articles like "lol Sony was dumb Spider-Man 3 only made $800 million told ya they needed Disney" that don't consider anything other than that raw number

Tim likes this.
  4. Tim

They're not gonna pretend none of it happened. They're just gonna be selective in what they reference & how specifically. Since May broke up w/ Happy & Fury was a Skrull, plus Tony being dead, & they can still mention Mysterio by name & use Jonah, & they were already trying to take him back to New York... It's really not that hard. Just ignoring Tony like they've been ignoring Uncle Ben, & having fewer Easter eggs.

5. Tim

Also, Sony signing Lord & Miller to that huge 5-year deal is more interesting if Disney doesn't budge. I'm sure that's mainly for Spider-Verse stuff, but I don't think it's a leap to think Sony could ask them to advise these Feige-less films. And if that happens, I trust them 100%.

6. GBlades

Trusted

It sounds more like Feige isnt on to produce the others, not that Spider-Man cant be used in the MCU, that's what I'm getting from the statements

7. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Feige is the MCU until he leaves Marvel Studios. If he isn't producing, it isn't MCU. Look at Venom, the Netflix shows, and Agents of SHIELD.

Tim and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. GBlades

Trusted

arguably, I don't see a bad movie here. Below par; yes. But I did like Venom, Daredevil and AoS is some of the best Marvel TV.

I know what you're getting at but I don't agree with those examples.:thumbdown:

But nah, I get that Feige is the MCU. Maybe I'm just trying not to look too down on it.

9. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

He didn't say anything about the quality of any of those movies/shows. They're just objectively not part of the MCU. Daredevil and AoS are influenced by the events of the movies at times, but they have no bearing on the film canon.

10. GBlades

Trusted

No no, I know that. I just meant that although Feige isn't producing doesn't necessarily mean the quality is bad. I didn't mean it to come across any other way.

11. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

[​IMG]

Probably already posted, but quality.

12. *whispers: Disney wasn't gonna give Sony 50% of Disney's MCU profits*

coleslawed, Tim, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  13. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Yeah I know. My understanding is that that offer was based on Spider-Man titles only. Just thought the meme was funny. :crylaugh:

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

My favorite is the true hero who reminded her that what she's holding obviously isn't the real Mjolnir. It's just a propr.

AndrewSoup, coleslawed and justin. like this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well duh. We already know Cap is using Mjolnir putting holes in the walls of his house with Peggy while trying to hang pictures in the 1950s, so clearly it can’t be the real Mjloniry

18. Tim

lol

oakhurst likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

ACCD1574-FD97-494F-B9E9-14A9E8D76338.jpeg

20. Why are Spider-Man fans apparently the worst at memes

21. Tim

Just following their hero's example.

02AA844C-2592-41BF-84CF-935885E5415B.jpeg

22. Lenin

Regular

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no one is good at memes

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Based on stories I’ve heard and stories that have been reported on I wouldn’t trust anything his daughter says tbh