Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm confused about the WandaVision show. How's that going to work since it's supposedly set after Endgame and Vision is dead?

2. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Rumor is that Wanda uses her powers to create her ideal world (for some reason she imagines it in the 50s/60s), where Vision and her are happy and have a family

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah since Doctor Strange 2 ties into the Multiverse and the WandaVision show, they will most likely travel to a different universe that has Vision. I'm not sure why anyone would think that Wanda will create an ideal world, the entire movie is about exploring the Multiverse

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Wow, they’re really going to make Wanda hung up on Vision aren’t they

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

I mean, if I watched my girlfriend murdered in front of me, I'd be pretty hung up on her too

coleslawed, smowashere and Oskarr like this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is your girlfriend a purple robot that for half of the cinematic universe was glorified amazon alexa

7. RyanPm40

Why does it matter what his biology is? Love is love. He has human feelings and emotions. They were in love with each other and that's all that matters, regardless of what you are physically.

They are together and have children in the comics, the love is real to them.

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’d like to see Scarlett Witch do something after WandaVision that doesn’t involve her attachment to Vision. Give me House of M.

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I mean, if I just saw my gf, who used to be a glorified Alexa of Tony Stark, get a stone ripped out of her head by a giant purple man who then wiped half of all life and then I came back along with everyone else after being erased for 5 years I don’t know if trying to bring back said robotic gf would be a main priority at the moment. Could be cool, though.

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man

11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

WandaVision sounds like the most boring thing

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

You're erasing like 83% of my goodwill towards you for being a fellow Spider-lover, CKJ.

:scarlet::heart::vision:

SpyKi and Oskarr like this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m ok with that last 17%

14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Thing is, for Wanda, it's been MAYBE a day since Vision died at the end of Endgame. She didn't go through those 5 years, and we have no idea how long it's going to be between Endgame and WandaVision/Doctor Strange 2. Even if it's real time and it's two years later, I don't think that that's a long enough time to start complaining about how Wanda is so hung up on her boyfriend who she not only killed at his request, but was then resurrected and killed AGAIN in front of her.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I mean....yeah? Why

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That doesn’t matter how that is wasn’t 5 years for her. She still has to adapt to a world where she is now 5 years behind, along with half the population. I’m sure that will take some time and a lot of things to be done.

17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That's honestly all the more reason to believe that she would create an ideal world for herself where she can live out the life that she never had the chance to. Rather than try and adapt to a world that has largely moved on (which, based on how ok she seemed to be with getting dusted in Infinity War, she might not even want to be in) AND grieve her lost love, she has the ability to create a world where she has to do neither. Why wouldn't she? (is that a spoiler? or just a rumor).

18. RyanPm40

It's weird to me that it's hard to understand that it's quite normal to grieve over the loss of a loved one and how it can be difficult to let go when it's only been a very short period since their death. Even when there is a lot of change in the world to readjust to, that doesn't make you magically forget the person you love.

I feel like people (rightfully) complain about movies killing off women as a plot device for a male to do something to avenge their death due to being a tired trope, but now that the roles have been flipped, there are complaints of bringing a little equality to the opposite side? Idk.

coleslawed and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m not saying she won’t mourn and try to bring Vision back (which is what WandaVision is probably about), but I just don’t want them to make the plot in Doctor Strange 2 be anything about her trying to reclaim what she had with Vision. I’ve seen a lot of characters that only develop when they lose a character they care about and that’s it and it’s usually not good. Daryl, from walking dead for example, was a good character until it was all about his manpain and crying because all of the characters close to him would die.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Tim and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

I feel like it would have worked better if Endgame didn't show Thor go with the Guardians at the end.

THOR 4:
    > Thor finds he is no longer worthy for whatever reason
    > Jane becomes Mighty Thor due to being worthy
    > Thor gives Jane his blessing, flies off with the Guardians to discover himself

Then, Guardians 3 comes out with Thor and the gang.

Not sure if I really needed to spoiler tag for a "what if" scenario but w/e

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Thor 4 has to open with the Guardians dropping Thor off somewhere now. Maybe he decides to go back to Earth since Valk and New Asgard will be in the film.

awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. RyanPm40

Yeah that's the only thing that makes sense in my mind at this point, too

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

morgantayler and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Y'all. What if Thor isn't even in Thor 4 until the third act?

Jk, as bold as that kinda choice would be. I could see the film largely being from Jane's perspective, though, w/ Thor Odinson being almost more of a supporting character. Maybe even structured around the general origin story formula.

If they commit to Jane having cancer like in the comics, maybe open with her getting the diagnosis. Then she, Erik, & Darcy go to New Asgard for help, & they contact Thor (thus having only a brief Guardians cameo) so he knows what's going on.

awakeohsleeper, SpyKi and RyanPm40 like this.