Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 84

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

67275349_10156888381226633_6739815306841030656_n.jpg

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Loki and Hawkeye are the only tv shows right?

3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Loki, Hawkeye, WandaVision (such an awful title good lord), Falcon and Winter Soldier, and What If...? are all shows

4. Cmoney86

Trusted

no what if, wandavision, and winter soldier falcon are tv shows

slimfenix182 likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no. what if, falcon and winter soldier, and wandavision are shows too

SpyKi and slimfenix182 like this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Thanks everyone haha

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what if is exciting thouhg. i love that line. eight episodes of a different alt. universe story is cool

SpyKi and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think my favorite thing about this initial next slate of films (which, again, really shouldn't have been called "phase 4," my gosh, especially w/ how people will overthink if the next batch is also "phase 4" or not) is how little any of this feels like a step to something.

Like, this is Marvel. I bet Shang-Chi and/or Jane Foster ends up in the inevitable Avengers relaunch. I bet everyone one of these ends w/ a tease for one or two future films. Everything will always connect to everything else.

But, in my mind, there's a subtle difference between connectivity & CONNECTIVITY. Between films that can be built off of, & films built IN ORDER TO be built off of. Like, how the Guardians films, Ragnarok, & Black Panther all have ties to other Marvel films, but they also all feel like they exist first & foremost to exist in their own right. Versus films like Iron Man 2 & (sorry for the toasty take) Infinity War, which are bridges more than anything. There's not an obvious overarching thread yet to distract, no big crossover for people to overanalyze everything else in light of.

I'm reminded of when Ant-Man & the Wasp came out, which was a delightful, breezy palate cleanser after Infinity War. I remember people talking about the Infinity War credits scene being the most interesting part, when for me it was the least interesting part. Knowing it was coming up, I used the restroom during it when at the theater.

Make these feel like Marvel comics, which share a universe, share characters, but at their best are able to work on their own. Avoid them feeling too much like episodes of a television series. Please?

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Black Panther 2, Spider-Man 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Captain Marvel 2, and the Fantastic Four, Blade, and X-Men reboots is a helluva way to hedge your bets for recouping any losses of such a “risky” phase of stories to tell on the whole. But it’s so refreshing to see the risk and expansion and diversity.

I’m super excited for how this all plays out. I hope Ant-Man and Hulk still have parts to play. Ruffalo is delightful and Ant-Man is low key a fave of mine.

Really interested to see how Thor works with where we left all three of those characters.

Oskarr, ChaseTx and Zilla like this.
  10. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This is far and away my biggest fear with X-Men joining the MCU. The X-Men have really always kind of been off on their own in the universe and really only showed up for big events. So I do hope you're right and they're gonna have a looser grip on how interconnected everything has to be going forward (at least for a while) because if there's ANY cast of characters that should stay largely independent, it's X-Men.

Tim likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

2021 is obviously the most exciting year with Shang-Chi, Strange and Thor. 10/10 with all three releases.

SpyKi and Rowan5215 like this.
  12. Tim

*extremely blog voice* But what about hypothetically building towards Avengers vs X-Men!?

lol. As much as I genuinely love the best MCU films, MCU fandom exhausts me more & more lately. Oh well.

Anyways, yeah. I wanna see some mutants sprinkled organically into other appropriate films. Like, maybe Rogue in Captain Marvel 2, or Iceman in a Spidey film. But, I would hate to see them do to the X-Men what they did to Spider-Man. I guess the good news is that all of Fox's films, even the good ones, never embraced the comics' aesthetic. So, while these Spidey films have overdone their attempts to be different from Raimi & Webb's films, whatever attempts to do the X-Men differently should bring them closer to the comics instead of further.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

all the shit to get excited over here, but I think Brian Tyree Henry and Daniel Bruhl's return are what I'm most excited for. fantastic pieces of casting

14. tvck

Trusted

To say this next slate of films/shows is weak is the most laughable thing I've read in awhile. Good lord I'm loving the look of the next couple of years

15. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'm definitely not opposed to X-Men showing up in other movies (I'd be completely down for both Iceman and Human Torch in a Spidey movie), but when it comes to the X-Men movies themselves, I don't want it to feel like the X-Men episode of the MCU. I want it to feel like an X-Men movie. People are already speculating/hoping that Doctor Strange 2 is gonna be the vehicle to introduce mutants and that's gonna be a BIG no from me.

Zilla and Tim like this.
  16. Tim

...of course they are...

Hey. Lame MCU nerds reading this. You know how you introduce mutants? BY INTRODUCING THE MUTANTS. Who were literally created 'cause Stan Lee was tired of coming up w/ origins. They're just there. They've always been there. It's ok.

TEGCRocco likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would like a solid X-Men film introducing Xavier and a few key Mutants while also allowing Mutants that are not part of the core team in films here and there. The X-Men universe is far too large to only have mutants in X-Men films. Marvel being able to focus on a range of X-Men characters instead of just a handful is my main concern.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I feel like coming off a universe where the Snap happened, mutants have to be introduced from the multiverse unless they do a huge time jump and somehow insinuate the Snap started the mutations. It just doesn’t ring true that the X-Men would’ve existed through that and not helped (despite the obvious out of story reasons behind it that we know).

Though if there was a throw away “yeah Thanos did away with all of us” line it would be so hilariously cheap writing I’d buy a t-shirt

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I came out of retirement to come here and post about how fucking upsetting it is to see the avalanche of misogyny after today’s announcements. That is all.

RJ Knorr and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'm far more willing to get on board with that than I am with any magic/multiverse explanations. If they sort of bill it as the modern equivalent of the atomic age and that the radiation from the snaps sped up what was already happening naturally to a few people (Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, maybe Namor), then yeah sure fine.

justin. and Garrett L. like this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

In this thread?

22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

No. (But I’m sure it’s there lol) That’s what I meant by I came out of retirement..I didn’t mean retirement from posting, I meant retirement from being here lol

23. Tim

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So is Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, and Guardians 3 not apart of phase four?

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Could be. They probably don’t want to drop everything at comic con and had enough announcements with Disney+ so they saved some for later

ghostedaway likes this.