Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

That is awesome. Hope he's a villain.

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

PS Think BP has the potential to be the best Marvel film ever with the talent involved.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  4. Based on its director and cast, Black Panther has the ingredients to be the best Marvel film to date.

ECV, jkauf and AndrewSoup like this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Do you think BP has a better cast than Doctor Strange? That movie is stacked.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Adrian Villagomez and ChaseTx like this.
  7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Doctor Strange cast is great and I like Derrickson but I'm loving how Black Panther is shaping up.

I also prefer the character.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That is fantastic news. Imagine the mess if they had stuck in a white mentor. :cringe:

9. Saw Civil War twice this week and loved it even more the second time. Perfect conclusion to the Cap / Bucky storyline and just a really god damn great superhero movie. I'm so excited about Black Panther and Spider-Man now, both T'Challa and Peter were so well written and fit into the universe perfectly.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  10. Yeah, the BP cast is more appealing to me.

11. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

All the BP talk got me to re-watch Creed again last night. Movie is so good.

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Man, I need to do that. I bought it but haven't watched it since it was in theaters.

If Coogler does an action scene with the Black Panther anything like that one long take match in Creed, it will be the greatest thing ever.

13. So is it safe to assume that if Evans doesn't return for the next Cap movies, the Winter Soldier will become Cap? Or maybe even the Falcon.

14. ChaseTx

I hope Falcon

Like who doesn't want Cap with wings

15. Tim

Honestly, I think Evans is gonna stick around, and I also think we're not gonna get a fourth Captain America (or Thor) film too soon, much like we don't really have serious Iron Man 4 talk.

I could be wrong, but I feel like RDJ is going to go before Evans does. I also don't know how much longer SLJ's Fury is going to be in the picture. A smart move would be to kill Fury, either kill or significantly sideline Stark (they might never have the guts to kill him, but it'd be a great move for Infinity War 2 to end an era), and then let Steve Rogers without the Cap mantle fulfill the overseer/connective tissue role. As he takes that role, he should then pass the shield to Sam Wilson. (I think Bucky is best set up to continue being Winter Soldier. He could reprise that role in a hypothetical Black Widow film quite nicely.) They could even introduce a young Nick Fury Jr so that a Fury character can last longer than SLJ realistically will.

16. Tim

Also, this.

17. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yep. Honestly Captain Falcon is one of the best moves they made with both Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers. Flying Cap is sick. Makes up for the fact that he might lack that total super soldier punch-your-head-off strength. And I loved when Steve just went around as himself in the stealth suit. I even enjoyed Old Man Rogers. I really hate that they backpedaled with Pleseant Hill and gave us two Captain Americas. I think there's way more story to be mined from Steve literally giving up his identity and livelihood that they never really capitalized on.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't think they've given Bucky much to make him look viable. The way that Civil War closed for him wasn't putting him in the best light.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Before Civil War I'd have guessed they were going in the direction of Bucky becoming Cap eventually, but now I'm not sure. I'd prefer Sam anyway.

20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

21. Tim

This whole bit reminds me how happy I am that Kevin doesn't have to report to Ike anymore.

Nick and thedrudo like this.
  22. ChaseTx

Wonder how many Killian toys they sold

23. Tim

thedrudo likes this.
  24. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Man that was a great article!

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

And Marvel films have passed $10 worldwide. Holy shit.