Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 76

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Doesn't sound legit to me.

I will say, I used to advocate for Ironheart for representation reasons, & still do, but also now advocate for her 'cause they clearly aren't over Iron Man & need to stop thrusting him onto Peter.

Greg and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

it be weird to have a young avengers and dark avengers when they have the potential for CHAMPIONS already smh

3. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I think they'll do Ironheart eventually, but they definitely need to get over Iron Man first. I'm hoping Far From Home is the last one that has Iron Man as an integral part.

As far as Saturday goes (having about 10 years of Hall H experience under my belt), I would say expect Black Widow, Eternals, and Shang-Chi. I'm not expecting much more than that, simply because I think they'll want to save a bit for D23 next month.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Getting casting news for Shang-Chi would be great but apparently Marvel recently decided to try looking at unknowns for the role so I highly doubt they’ll sign anyone before Saturday.

Concept art for Eternals would be nice.

5. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

To expand on my previous post, I think we'll get:
    OG Avengers reunion
    Black Widow: Full cast on stage + exclusive trailer (that will probably be released to the public in November)
    Eternals: Full cast + concept art
    Shang-Chi: Director and star officially announced

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I would like a full phase 4 slate

7. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Can't argue with that. But I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check so I'm not let down.

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I expect news about the next Spider-Man as well. If Marvel and Sony continue their partnership it would have already been decided by now so they should be announcing SM3 anytime.

9. Tim

Honestly, I think Young Avengers would be a better fit for the MCU at the moment than the Champions. Applying ideas & maybe even a character or two from Champions could work (Amadeus Cho could certainly fit well in that crowd), but I'd rather see a version of Young Avengers right now.

I would like movement away from the Phase model. Just announce maybe a couple years to start, then next year announce one more, then one more, etc. No "Phase 4," etc.; just separate good movies w/in a shared world that aren't as weighed down by bigger plans as some films were by the Infinity Saga.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

tbh I feel like they would most likely blend the two groups together.

take Nova, Amadeus Cho and Iron-heart and combine them with some of the young avengers type group. I would rather each group get their own story but ehhh I feel like they wouldn’t do that.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It didn’t mean it to be similar to how Phase 1, 2 and 3 were. I meant I would like Marvel to release a slate of films for the next 4-5 years

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I feel like sticking to “phases” is the best way for the MCU to avoid becoming a mess. It helps to keep a narrative and (while they have some slip ups here and there) consistency. Numerous phases don’t need to be linked into another saga but planning movies 5 years at a time and weaving those films together over shared themes is better than just letting writers and directors do whatever. The MCU has been successful by having each film feel like its part of something larger than itself and it would be foolish to dismiss that when it’s already set as the standard for the franchise.

Their best bet is to have smaller arcs beginning and ending within each phase.

13. Tim

I just don't want that much at a time. We've seen how those plans end up changing all the time anyways (adding Spider-Man, adding another Ant-Man, removing Inhumans, pushing Guardians 3 back, changing release dates, etc.). Plus having that much planned ahead doesn't stop fan media from saying, "ok, but what else is coming up?"

Abandoning the phase model & slowly rolling out official announcements no more than a few films at a time means less awkward re-shuffling, more freedom, & yet also more organic momentum from staggered announcements.

Shoot, I don't know how I could disagree more.

Like, all the best successes so far (Guardians, Black Panther, Ragnarok) have come from higher creative freedom, & all the most notorious duds (IM2, Dark World, Ultron) came from prioritizing preordained, weaving plans over a particular film's needs. And, heck, even amongst just the good films, the themes don't actually fit together very well (see: Thor in Ragnarok compared to Endgame).

People caught up in passionate online Marvel fandom really don't understand how little the average person cares about teased bigger plans. If they did care, more attempts at similar franchises would've worked by now. Only obsessive nerds online (said as a nerd myself) care. Most people like more of a thing they like, but don't care about knowing what the next dozen things are gonna be.

Just make an individual film that builds on some things that came before. Then, another one. Then, another. Have loose, hypothetical ideas on what could be next, but don't let a film idea 5 years from now affect one 2 years from now.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Films like Ragnorak still had arcs and characters from other films. Writer and director freedom is good but there still needs to be a plan to juggle all of the characters, arcs, and shared themes/events that take place in the same cinematic universe in order for it to not become a chaotic mess. If my understanding of Marvel’s “5 year plan” is right then they have a writer’s room in which the general outline of all films within that 5 year period are planned and then all writers and directors are given that information and do can whatever they want with it.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Phase 4 is being announced now.

17. Cmoney86 Jul 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2019)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

phase 4 will be 10 movies over the next 2 years! thats fucking insane

November 2020 ETERNALS (with a crazy fucking cast)
    Fall 2020 - The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    Feb 2021 - SHANG CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS
    Spring 2021 - WandaVision
    Spring 2021 - LOKI
    May 7 2021 - Movie - DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS
    Summer 2021 - Animated What If...
    Fall 2021- HAWKEYE
    November 5 2021 THOR LOVE AND THUNDER
    May 1 2020 - Black Widow

justin. likes this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Phase 4 is confirmed

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Bummer this isn’t being streamed live

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

There's no way that's what it means. I'm guessing all the season slots are shows.

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

D_9ZYXIXYAcQTRN.jpg

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The Disney+ shows are most likely being announced which means they are integral to phase 4.

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

look at the picture i just posted most def 10 movies over the next 2 years starting in may of 2020 ending in november 2021

25. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The Disney+ shows are going to be part of phase 4. They've said they'll be integral to the MCU unlike the Netflix shows. They're not going to do 10 movies in two years.