Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 73

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The best goddamn bird lawyer in the world. Supporter

Yeah idk, I think it's easier for a tiny Ant-Man and Wasp to be covert at their small sizes, but you can't really hide The Thing too easily :P

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Supporter

Should be better than the first 3 movies

*brought to you by one of the lowest bars to clear in cinema lol

Dodger and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Wonder if it’s the result of messing with the timelines in Endgame. Either way, I wish we could just get stories without origins and everything having to be this strict timeline

4. Tim

go forever, and ever, and bounce Prestigious

I personally don't care about any of those hang ups over more & more secret preexisting characters being revealed. Who cares? If it helps a franchise hit the ground running, go for it. I don't need some convoluted explanation for how continuity shifted in universe or whatever.

My only issue with the 60s would be me not wanting the Four to be a team out of time, a literal dated concept. The family responsible for the Future Foundation shouldn't be living in the past. If they were still owned by Fox & getting the 100% standalone treatment, that'd be fun, but if they're gonna be part of this bigger world, they should be the futurists of the world, not the nostalgia act.

Jdaniels, justin. and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. Tim

go forever, and ever, and bounce Prestigious

If the concern is how to approach the origin, I'd suggest going w/ a mix between Waid's Fantastic Four & Hickman's Future Foundation, w/ a dash of Lee & Kirby's F4 #1. Have the Four be part of the Foundation, based in the Baxter Building, who got their powers from like the Negative Zone (didn't like the Ultimates go that route or something?), but start the film after they've already gotten their powers & learning how to use them. The opening of the film is them deciding to go public w/ a big press conference, etc.

6. Davjs

Trusted

I forget where I heard it and will probably butcher it, but someone was talking about how the gamma in the Hulk is what protected him from doing the snap, and since the snap happened 3 times it's not a stretch to think that a lot gamma radiation came out during those times that could be a back door for mutation. I'd be fine for that being the explanation for mutants to appear now.

7. justin.

我不在乎

Why Bother? likes this.
  8. Lol

9. xDumpweed182x

Regular

I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed they aren't doing it at SDCC. They skipped last year and DC is skipping this year, so I was banking on Marvel bringing the goods. Then again I can't blame Disney for wanting to show the big stuff at their own convention, it's just that I go to Hall H every year, so I'm a little biased.

10. justin.

我不在乎

Davjs and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. Oh my god yes please

Davjs likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

ghostedaway likes this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted

Quentin Tarantino on the MCU

"I haven't been keeping up to date with them for, I guess, the last four years. I think the only comic book movies I saw last year at theaters were Wonder Woman and Black Panther. But about a couple of weeks ago I started catching up with some of the Marvel movies so I could go see Endgame,"
    he revealed. "I just finished Captain America: Civil War, so next up is Doctor Strange."

"Actually, the last one I saw was [Thor:] Ragnarok. I loved it," the filmmaker continued. "It was my favourite one of the series since The Avengers - drastically my favorite."

14. justin.

我不在乎

There must be more feet scenes in Ragnorak than I remember

AndrewSoup likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The best goddamn bird lawyer in the world. Supporter

??? Does Tarantino have some weird thing with feet?

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

them big Hulk toes

Alba likes this.
  18. justin.

我不在乎

ghostedaway and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. justin.

我不在乎

20. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

21. CobraKidJon

22. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Shuri as Ironheart. She can easily create the suit.

Davjs and thesollopsist like this.
  23. CobraKidJon

let riri actually exist in the mcu

Tim and coleslawed like this.
  24. xDumpweed182x

Regular

Yes. And let Shuri become Black Panther when Boseman inevitably gets tired of the role.

25. oakhurst

Trusted

Yeah let there be an iron heart in 15 years.