Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 71

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Id actually really like that

RyanPm40 and coleslawed like this.
  2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, I’d be down for that

3. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

No thank you.

4. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

hard pass

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

why y’all hating on my boy Charlie?

Dodger likes this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I... don't think that would work? lol.

If they wanna use X-characters in a Spidey film, I can think of some better choices (Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Firestar). High school senior Tom Holland Spidey & Ryan Reynolds Deadpool wouldn't feel right.

Plus, I still think Deadpool should remain its own standalone R-rated series under the Fox banner instead of Marvel Studios. Use his whole meta gimmick to bring MCU characters (&, heck, pre-MCU versions) into those films, but leave him out of the actual Avengers, etc., films. Best of both worlds.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I don’t see how it would tonally work with the rest of the MCU, but I’d be lying if the idea of a live action Spidey/Deadpool movie didn’t excite me

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t want it because after Homecoming and FFH I want the next spidey film to not feature any big stars (Tony, Fury, etc.). I want Peter to be on his own.

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and Dodger like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, gimme a Peter Parker/Kitty Pryde team-up

12. Tim

I'd only wanna see this if it were, again, a Deadpool film in his own separate universe. Maybe have a running gag where sometimes it's Tobey, sometimes Andrew, sometimes Tom, sometimes voiced by Jake Johnson, maybe even sometimes voiced by the guy who did the 90s animated series.

You can do anything w/ anyone in a Deadpool film released through 20th Century Fox instead of Marvel Studios, including w/ Marvel Studios actors. It's just the "official" MCU films that are a little more restricted. Which, I'm a big proponent of breaking a lot of that & expanding what the MCU can house. I just think Ryan Reynolds Deadpool is a tough sell.

This too. Especially if they can (& are willing to) find an excuse to ditch the Stark tech & go more traditional Spidey.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Deadpool in a Spidey movie could work, just not right now. Part of what makes their dynamic so compelling in the comics (or at least when it's done well) is that Deadpool genuinely looks to Spidey as an example of how to be better, and I just don't think Tom Holland's Spider-Man is there yet.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Personally, I think Deadpool can work in the MCU if you break the forth wall and have him reference the Disney purchase and whatnot

15. Tim

See, that's exactly the kinda crap that makes me say it doesn't work, tbh.

Marvel isn't afraid to go meta. They did a lot in Endgame. They did some in Ragnarok. But, like, Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool is too meta. That whole Family Guy-feeling schtick is just way too ironic for its own good & would stop a Marvel Studios film dead in its tracks. Not that there's no sincerity in his films, but no matter how much the aesthetic, comic references, etc. show that they do love the source material (in some ways more than any prior X-Men films)... Their films are just too "cool" for everything to REALLY feel sincere. I always argue w/ people who say the humor in Guardians or Ragnarok lessens the emotional impact 'cause for me, it heightens it, but Deadpool's style does derail all emotional investment for me.

It's fine as its own flavor, but man, adding it to an Avengers dish would just taste bad.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

18. PauLo

43% Burnt

Sure

19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

how does marvel even let an account like that stick around

20. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

ComicBookMovie is the worst.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I seriously doubt Venom will ever appear in a MCU film, I just find it amusing what that guy reports on that site.

22. DarkHotline

Oh he will, he’s one of Spidey’s most popular villains. Give it time

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

CBM posts almost anything (especially if it’s an article by Josh Wilding) but every once in a while they have a piece worth reading

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I meant Tom Hardy’s Venom.

25. DarkHotline