Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 69

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Spider-Man: Becomes a Man

Black Cat makes her cinematic debut.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Since Langford seemingly got cut from Endgame that would work out actually!

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

So in my hype since watching Endgame, I've decided I might start jumping into the MCU TV shows. Any favorites? Should I just watch them all in the order they released? I'm gonna start with Agents of Shield.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  4. PauLo

43% Burnt

Be patient with AOS. The first two thirds of season 1 is ok, but can drag. Really hits it's stride after that.

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Agents of SHIELD is incredible, s3 and onwards is my favourite Marvel property

but yeah first half of 1 is pretty rough

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't realize it had been on so long already. I've read a lot about how it starts slow but really picks up. I'll be sure to stick with it.

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

Talking of AOS, I was kind of disappointed Coulson didn't make an appearance in Endgame. Saying that, I was also disappointed his screen time in Captain Marvel was so limited haha

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

He’s gotta fight Ghost Rider in Agents of SHIELD or whatever they do on that show.

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

me too but I guess it's way too late for the original Avengers to find out he's been alive since, like, a year after Loki killed him lmao

10. xkaylinh Apr 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 29, 2019)
    Legion is great, but it isn't part of the MCU. Agents of Shield is great as well once you get past the first half of season 1.

As for Netflix, only the first and third seasons of each show are good, except maybe The Defenders, which feels too much like a teamed-up continuation of DDs2. I haven't seen Iron First, Cloak and Dagger, or The Runaways.

Jdaniels and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

15. PauLo

43% Burnt

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Still disappointed with no moon knight but at the same time I feel like they'll whitewash the hell out of the character (especially if it's a movie) so maybe it's a good thing for the time being

17. CobraKidJon

should have done cosmic ghost rider but still cool

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

isn't he a white guy

19. Davjs

Trusted

I've been away from Marvel Comics for quite a while, but ghost rider went cosmic!?

Does he have a spaceship that is on fire?

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, but I think his origins are based on an Egyptian god maybe? I need to google him haha, the only run of his I read, he was already established and didn't touch on his origins too much.

21. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

He's the avatar of the Egyptian moon god I think

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel like the Egypt stuff is crucial to his story. I think it is more the DID stuff is what they would probably skirt around. I think that is also a huge part of the character, but can be a bit insensitive if done wrong.

23. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, that's why a TV show for him would always be better than a film. They can take more time with his back story and explain his mental health a bit clearer than they could in a film.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Oh for sure. I think that taking notes from a show like Legion is a great idea. It'd obviously be a bit more grounded, but the way that show dealt with mental health worked for me.

25. CobraKidJon

it’s still just the bike that is on fire and yeah Paul Scheer has been writing the cosmic ghost rider series where he just destroys marvel history and it’s been fun.

Davjs likes this.