Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 65

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I hate it because it's bad.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Jdaniels and Dodger like this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, its not a good list from a not good site. It also reads like a Captain Marvel promo piece.

The only chuckle I got was from Groot: really do love this tree. But, he's also a tree. So, will be sad if he stays dead, but I can also go outside and look around if I miss him.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I have not seen any of the new Spider-Man movies yet, but I get endless enjoyment out of reading things like the fact that Tom Holland didn't get an Avengers: Endgame script because he is incapable of not letting spoilers slip.

7. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Why would he get one? He died in Infinity War so he can't be in Endgame

/s

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I liked DS, but I don't really care for a sequel.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

Also he's super dead.

12. Tim

That'd make sense.

They'd be launching essentially two new franchises (even though Black Widow's about to be in her seventh film) & releasing no sequels in 2020, if Eternals were their second film. This way, they can give Nat her first solo film & release the first Doctor Strange film in four years, and then 2021 can have Eternals & two sequels. (The third Spider-Man will almost certainly be one of 'em. Maybe Guardians for the other, but depending on Gunn's Suicide Squad schedule, maybe Black Panther makes more sense.)

That being said, I want Eternals really bad. I'd rather they take their time to make it great, but other than maybe Guardians 3, Eternals is my most anticipated MCU film at the moment.

On the plus side, Doctor Strange had mostly less impressive visuals than people acted like it did, & the whole whitewashing/appropriation messiness is still a major black eye on that film. But, the story also was mostly stronger than people gave it credit for. Screw Tilda Swinton's Ancient One, but her death scene was excellent. Now that she's gone, & Scott Derrickson has shown a deep understanding of how he messed up, & the origin is out of the way, & Marvel's visuals have made some progress here & there... I wanna see what Derrickson can do with the character. I like Strange as a minor supporting character more than I do as the star or an Avenger, but I would like at least one more dip in that playground.

Oh, hey, I didn't know I had that many thoughts on Doctor Strange. Oops.

justin. likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

I just want to see Baron Mordo again, so that's all the reason I need for a DS part 2. His character arc was pretty well done and now I want to see it pay off!

recall reality likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

So far Marvel will have all these in 2020 and beyond
    Black Widow
    Doc Strange 2
    Eternals
    Spidey 3
    Guardians 3
    Black Panther 2
    Shang-chi

Plus whatever X-Men and FF films they plan, plus Avengers 5 down the line. Quite a bit to work with.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have a feeling he’ll take a back role in DS2 (possibly helping the villain slightly or just doing his own thing) and become a fully fleshed out villain in the third film.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Really? Aw I'd be bummed. Why would they save him? Doesn't he have all the motivation he needs to be the villain?

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tim in every thread

18. Tim

awakeohsleeper, Nyquist and Henry like this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There are rumors that Nightmare will be the villain in DS2 and I doubt Baron will only have a background role for his entire career as a villain. Due to Baron being a good guy in the first film I just feel like the second film will be his transition/testing the villain side and the third film will be when everything hits the fan.

20. Davjs

Trusted

I'm usually weary of movies "saving" or putting off a character for the sequel because there's never a guarantee one will happen. I guess with Marvel I don't have to worry too much though.

justin. likes this.
  21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I started a rewatch of the MCU on Tuesday night. Just finished Thor. I forgot every other shot was a Dutch angle.

iiiii623498, Nyquist and Alba like this.
  22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Wow

Confession time: I’m an idiot.

I think. I either forgot I knew this or somehow missed this super obvious thing.

But we actually see Tony briefly meet Yensen at the start of Ironman 3. Like it’s super obvious. They say his name. But I somehow only realized it. Or I keep forgetting I knew it.

I need help.

Jdaniels likes this.
  23. Cmoney86

Trusted

post avengers plans for all their movies will not be made until after far from home comes out and they wont even say if they will be at comic con cuz its a spoiler to what happens in endgame

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

(they’ve had plans for movies coming out post-Far From Home since before they knew they’d have Spider-Man in Avengers)

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter