Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I want a live action Night of the Sentinels so bad lol

Kingjohn_654 and recall reality like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

*me whispering* Champions Champions Champions

I’ll never let it die

3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

What if they made Cyclops Latino and called him Scott Veranos?

4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah I’m still definitely interested in it but I also feel a little let down that this is probably the last one before the reboot into MCU. Makes me a little less invested but I hope it’s good

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i'm thinking they use the Infinity Gauntlet to alter reality again and that resets the "status quo" or introduces a new status quo. that way all the old heroes/actors are still technically IN the universe, but some are just in an old/alternate reality/timeline (i.e. whoever's contracts are up)

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

they already had him with Solo?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

And his small Homecoming role

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

oakhurst likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

Andre Holland in a MCU flick, i can dig it

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

Avengers Vs X-Men right now would actively ruin the franchise for me. No X-Men build up and no stakes. I have absolute trust in Feige but I am not wanting AvX at this stage.

Jdaniels likes this.
  12. PauLo

43% Burnt

I'd love it, but AvX needs a long build. Establish new actors as the characters, give them motivation that isn't just something happening in the first 30 minutes of the film.

RyanPm40 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

After endgame, I don’t really want to see another film with Avengers in the title any earlier than 5 years. Let “Avengers” take a break.

RyanPm40 and Dodger like this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Young Avengers

15. Avengers: Endgame has a confirmed runtime of 3 hours and 2 minutes

Dodger likes this.
  16. Dodger Mar 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 26, 2019)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Agreed. Spiderman, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange are seemingly the new focal points of the franchise and this is an odd group that I don’t think will have the same chemistry right away as the first core did. I think they need more time to come into their own as their characters before they do another team up. That’s a partial reason why Justice League didn’t work for me.

ECV and Jdaniels like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

no thanks

Alba, awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"All of the movies at Fox are being evaluated. I love the idea of Channing playing Gambit. I think we have a great script for it and I think it’s a role he was born to play. It’s a character I grew up loving and I know the fans love. So I suspect, I hope it will happen. There will be a lot of mixing and merging now and I’m all for it and excited to see."

This is the kind of answer I feel like Simon Kinsberg has been giving since all this got underway last year. And, it's the only kind of noncommittal answer anyone can give at this stage.

I know Noah Hawley said Kevin Feige vaguely asked him if he was still working on Doom, & then didn't really answer if he should be. So, I suspect that, with official conversations now being legal, Feige will be seriously looking at Gambit, Doom, Silver Surfer, Multiple Man, Bendis' script, & anything else Fox is sitting on that isn't rigidly connected to prior Fox films. If any of them look good enough, I don't think it's crazy to think one could get an Ant-Man style rewrite & be used for the MCU.

(If X-Force or any other Deadpool projects still happen, that's probably gonna fall under the Fox banner instead of Marvel Studios, right? We ain't getting Marvel Studios Presents Drew Goddard's X-Force Starring Ryan Reynolds, lol.)

That being said, with how many iterations Gambit has had, I don't believe for a second that his script will be one Feige's into. Best case scenario is Channing Tatum being cast as Gambit in a new project.

justin., AP_Punk and Jdaniels like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That being said, there is a two year MINIMUM before we'd even see it. Thats a long damn time for something that has already been in development hell for 5+ years.

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I can see Drew Goddard’s X-Force being rewritten as a team up film that includes MCU characters and acts as an entrance for Deadpool into the MCU.

24. Could the continuities be kept separate? Like, could Deadpool make a fourth-wall joke about jumping universes when X-Force and Avengers team up? Like how Supergirl and Arrow/Flash have team-ups even though they're on different Earths?

Davjs likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They could but since they’re going to recast the characters, except Deadpool, I see the x-men existing on the same Earth as the Avengers.