Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 59

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

still wondering if that New Warriors show they were trying to shop around for networks is truly dead. i'm going to be very upset if i will never get to see Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl :concerned:

justin. likes this.
  2. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I’m with you on this. I used to watch them all but am backed up. Still have both seasons of punisher, iron fist s2, Luke cage s2, runaways and cloak and dagger in my backlog

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

at least we have this

upload_2019-2-6_21-21-2.png

coleslawed and AndrewSoup like this.
  4. AndrewSoup

5. It's too much, and yet I want to watch them all haha. I never even started Runaways or Cloak and Dagger because I was knee deep in so many other shows.

TomG likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bunch of new animated shows announced for Hulu.

• Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
    • Marvel’s Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
    • Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb.
    • Marvel’s Howard The Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
    • Marvel’s The Offenders, is a story in which nobody asked them to – and we’d be better off if they didn’t – but MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe. Jeph Loeb will executive produce.

7. Davjs

Trusted

You know which one I'm excited for the most!

8. Davjs

Trusted

Wait, Dave Willis....from Aqua Teen fame? Good lord how can they get me any more hype, as if just the character and Kevin Smith wasn't enough.

9. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That absolutely looks like a joke post and I'm very excited to watch these

10. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

• Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes
    'Kay... Well the write up for that has me turned off

Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler

Definitely won't watch this one then

Henry and Davjs like this.
  11. AndrewSoup

lmao, i peaced out after i read the word "woke," didn't even notice fuckin Chelsea Handler was part of it. i am ALL GOOD off that shit.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

I didn't even notice that, that is a big yikes. My eyes went straight for my dude Howard.

13. What's wrong with woke and Chelsea Handler? I'm honestly clueless; explain to me like I'm five.

14. Davjs

Trusted

I personally am just not a fan, but I looked up Erica Rivinoja and I like almost everything she's been involved in.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She had a Mexican little person on her show she made fun of and has made homophobic jokes, she's a peak white feminist

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Oh dang, so "woke," with like air quotes and shit.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

She's also been offensively unfunny in any medium she partakes in. I respect how vocally anti-Trump she's been over the last few years, I guess

RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.
  18. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

^What they said. I didn't even actually know some of that stuff. I was just coming at it from the viewpoint of not being a fan/thinking she sucks.

Davjs likes this.
  19. My initial query was more because like, How is woke a bad thing? but now that I think about it, if you're describing something as woke in a press release, there's a chance it actually isn't. Now that I know what I know about Handler, I think that's probably the case.

Davjs likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Woke as a selling point feels disingenuous

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I was so confused and shocked reading this thread... then I realized I thought everyone was talking about Chelsea Peretti.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Whalejaw likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Tim likes this.
  25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter