Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 56

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Ten years later, this film still rules:

RyanPm40 and Henry like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

3. Tim

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I love her so much for this film. I listened to this before watching the movie and it made it so much more enjoyable.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah, I think Marvel might have been trying to give a nod to the House of M story (hopefully we still get it in the MCU at some point) and didn't really pay attention to the historical meaning.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I recently found out that Lexi was part of a hooligan (soccer firm) gang when she was younger and that's actually kind of BA. Not in the sense that there might have been violence over soccer but that she could handle that. Tough as nails.

7. zmtr

Trusted

So out of all the MCU movies I’ve seen Spider-man and the first Avengers..

I saw Iron Man when it first came out but don’t remember anything about it.

I don’t go back to work until next Wednesday so I’m about to work my way through the entire list. Starting with Captain America. This should be fun.

RyanPm40 and Jdaniels like this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

She is ridiculously BA. No question. This is from her wiki page -->

"Alexander began studying martial arts, specifically judo, when she was 8 years old. At 14, she switched to Shotokan karate. She has a third-degree black belt in karate.[2]

Alexander excelled at kickboxing, where after two years in the sport, she joined the German National Team.[10] She won the German point fighting championships four times and the European championships two times.[2]

In 1994, at the age of 19, Alexander became the World Kickboxing Association world champion in karate-point fighting in Atlantic City."

Green Street Hooligans is an absolutely awesome movie. Punisher: War Zone is not my favorite kind of movie as I don't really like The Punisher all that much as a character, but strikes me as exactly what a Punisher movie should be.

justin. likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I love Green Street.

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Green Street Hooligans is one of my faves

Brother Beck and justin. like this.
  11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

oakhurst and Davjs like this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

13. Lets gooooooo

14. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Looks like the snap eventually got Caps beard :-/

RyanPm40, coleslawed and Davjs like this.
  15. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Hawkeye as Ronin!

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. Maverick

Trusted

Niiice! Another visual effects nom for marvel!

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Hopefully even more bizarre being that they held back on the first film

Maverick and neo506 like this.
  19. justin. Dec 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

20. Tim

I wonder if there was a misunderstanding. Based on comments other directors have made, and how consistent their approach to bigger effects-heavy action generally is across films... I bet they say not to worry about the action to most people they hire.

There's plenty of sexism to confront. And, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that's evident in who they get to work on action sequences. But, I think they also like sticking to their well oiled machine when it comes to those CGI sequences that she's clearly not a fan of anyways. Which, that's its own conversation.

As for the music, that's really not a new topic or one w/out merit, lol. They have more strong work than is often acknowledged, but they also have a lot of super safe, indistinct work. And, they often bury their good work instead of letting it shine. There's a good YouTube video out there that's harsher than I'd be, but that does a great job dissecting this. One of the strong suits of Infinity War, both marketing & film, is that it highlighted the Avengers theme better than often happens.

Btw, listing good uses of music & not mentioning Ragnarok is a crime. Outside the powerful use of "Immigrant Song," the actual score of the film is a delight. Possibly the studio's best?

Dodger likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I forgot about Ragnorak. That soundtrack is pretty good and I would put it with the list above.

22. This one?

coleslawed and Tim like this.
  23. Tim

That's the one. I personally think it exaggerates a little at times, but it's filled with really good observations. And, knowing that the Russos talk about Honest Trailers when making films, I wouldn't be surprised if they also are familiar with Every Frame a Painting & intentionally put the Avengers theme in the forefront of Infinity War in response to this video.

I don't think it'll happen, but I want Endgame to bring back a couple more past pieces of score. Mainly, I'd love to hear the "Captain America March" from The First Avenger. But, if it can be worked in organically, I'd also love to hear the title theme from Thor: Ragnarok.

(Thinking about it right now, I can't think of any Iron Man theme, lol. So, there you go, I guess.)

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Adam McCay was asked to direct Guardians 3.

Mister Lyrical likes this.