Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 54

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Another of the Disney streaming miniseries is reportedly a buddy series w/ Falcon & Winter Soldier.

Also, it's rumored that Marvel will have 2 films in 2020: Black Widow in May and Eternals in November.

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

A Falcon and Winter Soldier show would be great. Is it likely that the characters getting shows will not have many appearances in phase 4? If so, it looks like we won’t get a new Cap.

4. Tim

Unless they're both becoming Captains America...?

But, yeah, if we get a new Captain America, it'll probably be in a future Avengers film, not Avengers 4. Like, as one of the character arcs of the film.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

6. Davjs

Trusted

Seth Green's Howard the Duck!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

8. Tim

Technically, that is "a black Spider-Man suit," but it's also probably not quite what some fans would think of when they hear, "Infinity War almost had a black Spider-Man suit."

I do like the aesthetic of that option, but the one they went with is better. And, the option that most closely reflects the comics' Iron Spider design is easily the worst one. I continue to be happy with the Ben-Reilly-meets-Parker-Industries-meets-Iron-Spider look they went with. If they have to do an iron suit, it's the best version. It's still my second fav movie suit, below ASM2 and a hair above ASM.

And, since Venom didn't use the logo, I'm still hoping we get a Spider-Man with the REAL black costume eventually. That logo, white on the backs of his hands, solid black w/out any grays/webs. Such a sharp design. And, half the time he's had it in the comics, it was fabric, not symbiote, so they don't need Venom to do it.

awakeohsleeper and Jdaniels like this.
  9. Tim

I mean, I don't think the aesthetic of Homecoming could pull it off, but with the right visual flair, just imagine how good this would look on screen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Letterbomb31 and Jdaniels like this.
  10. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

So after watching Spiderman and Spiderman 2 in honor of Stan Lee and after not seeing them in so long, the first Spiderman is easily my favorite of all the Spiderman movies. 2 is still great and my second favorite. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a a superhero handle the amount of adversity Peter does in it and juggling so many spinning plates and failing. Really makes him overcoming it so rewarding . Unfortunately but it didn’t flow as well didn’t like the characters of Harry or MJ as much, and didn’t feel like it drove home it’s message as well.

Unpopular opinion but the first one I consider one of my all time favorite movies. Homecoming would be number 3 and still really like it but the amount of CG and humor kind of detaches me. While the CG isn’t as good in Raimis, I think it balanced the practical and CG better and it felt more real. In the first one 90% of the CG was in the nighttime and hid the glossiness of it.

I love this character though. Thank you Stan. Excited for Far From Home

Letterbomb31 and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Spider-Man 2 just happened to be on one of the TVs in a restaurant I was at last night and I have to say, the CGI is pretty impressive when you consider the age of the movie at this point

Jdaniels and Dodger like this.
  12. Tim

The first Raimi Spider-Man competes w/ so-bad-it's-good Spider-Man 3 for the title of "my least favorite Spider-Man film," lol.

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think I love every Spider-Man movie while also thinking they all have serious flaws.

I'm ready to have a new clear favourite SM movie in the next few months though. I'm hoping that one has no huge problems!

14. Tim

If anyone's curious about the MCU timeline, this is apparently the current official one (based on some recent book):

• • 1943-1945: Captain America: The First Avenger
    • • 2010: Iron Man
    • • 2011: Iron Man 2, Thor
    • • 2012: The Avengers, Iron Man 3
    • • 2013: Thor: The Dark World
    • • 2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    • • 2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
    • • 2016: Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming
    • • 2016 through to 2017: Doctor Strange
    • • 2017: Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That timeline already doesn’t make sense because in Civil War Vision says it’s been 8 years since Tony called himself Iron Man. How did Marvel overlook that?

16. Tim

shirt-1522807966-24faafc69be92a50114b8e5fb4878135.jpeg

Henry and coleslawed like this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Bold = ??

18. Tim

Copied & pasted. Maybe they thought those were the most noteworthy placements, or the ones they talked about later in the article (which I mostly just skimmed)?

Really, though, this is pretty much what I would've said myself.

19. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

So they really are just straight up ignoring The Incredible Hulk then.

20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Infinity War is the only surprising one, really. I thought that took place in 2018. There are a bunch of references to it being 6 years after Avengers, 2 years after Civil War etc.

Jdaniels likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Whoever made that timeline was trying so hard to make Homecoming's timeline make sense that they threw everything else under the bus.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

But Homecoming is still wrong. 2016 isn't 8 years after 2012 lol

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

24. Tim

If true, YES, best comic book show ever.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd love a Hawkeye show developed by Matt Fraction.