Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

But..I thought he could do this all day?

AndrewSoup, coleslawed, Zach and 3 others like this.
  2. Here’s hoping it’s a marketing ploy and Cap is in it for the long haul...

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Chris has wanted to leave for a while. He wants to direct. I am totally fine with him being done and someone else taking the mantle down the line.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’ll miss you, Captain

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Can't wait for them to bring him back in 2029, only for him to then say...

588B189D-25AC-434B-9C02-0DED5C184086.jpeg

Mrplum5089, coleslawed, Zach and 5 others like this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’d kms

7. You’re probably totally right but it is surprising to see anything like this before the films release.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

what WAS going on with that New Warriors tv series? did they not have a network for it?

10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I believe it was initially developed for Freeform, but then the pilot tested better than expected and Marvel and FF both agreed there could be a better home for it, or at least that’s what I vaguely remember. I could totally be wrong but I think it was something along those lines.

Jdaniels likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

RyanPm40 and Dodger like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

14. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

captain marvel dies in avengers 4 confirmed

justin. likes this.
  15. After Martha Marcy May Marlene and Room (both of which I haven't seen; they just had a lot of awards buzz at the time), I was surprised that Olsen and Larson joined the MCU at all because it looked like their trajectories were going elsewhere. Then I remember Larson once dated Scott Pilgrim. It's actually pretty funny how so many people from that movie ended up in something superhero related. But yeah, I'm not surprised that that seven movie thing is not happening.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. tomtom94

Trusted

Casual reminder that Aaron Taylor Johnson was signed up for something like 5 movies

coleslawed likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

A lot easier to do indie movies and get them funded/ not worry about paychecks with Marvel money

coleslawed and Jdaniels like this.
  18. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Think I remember hearing rumors Quicksilver got canned in the MCU early because Fox wanted Quicksilver. The rumor being that they basically agreed moving forward Quicksilver would only be in X-Men while MCU would get exclusivity on Scarlet Witch. If that was true it'd make sense why Johnson signed for so many more films.

19. tomtom94

Trusted

I'm 99% sure that's bollocks because the legal case around the Twins was that both companies could use them as long as Marvel didn't call them mutants, which Fox owns the rights to.

The point is more that it's fairly standard practice in the MCU because it gives them options, pretty sure I remember reading Quicksilver didn't die in the first draft of Ultron either.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I'm pretty sure Quicksilver died because Whedon wanted an Avenger to die. The original six couldn't go and there are too many possibilities with Scarlet Witch so Quicksilver had to go.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

They both are allowed to use them I think it was more the fact to limit brand confusion, where non comic book movie fanatics would be confused about seeing the same character across different series

22. So X-Men technically can but hasn't (and, with the merger, probably won't) use Scarlet Witch?

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

To the best of our knowledge, yep. So, to those who wished for House of M in movie form, Fox would've been the better home for that pre-merger.

On a similar note, even though the twins were retconned in the comics to not be Magneto's kids, and even though their background was touched on in Age of Ultron... I wonder if, post merger, Marvel Studios would introduce Magneto as Wanda's father.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I wouldn’t mind that route. Being that the films with Magneto would take place in present day, he couldn’t be a holocaust survivor so making him upset over the use of Stark Industries’ weapons in his home country and him possibly thinking that Pietro and Wanda were killed in the explosion (the same one Wanda and Pietro thought their parents died from) could be his MCU background.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. xkaylinh Oct 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2018)
    Since this was on my mind, I looked it up, and sure enough, someone's done a mash-up.

It's funny because Chris Evans.

There's also a few vids of the Captain Marvel trailer to Brie Larson's Scott Pilgrim songs haha

edit:

'Scott Pilgrim Vs The World' Sure Has A Lot Of Superheroes And Villains In It

I forgot about some of these. Anna Kendrick and Ellen Wong need to get in on this biz. Cast Ellen Wong as Silk, lol.