Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Nice to get a confirmation of the obvious. Still simultaneously excited (based on the many great successes of Phase 3) and worried (based on my desire for the occasional great Marvel movie not touched by Feige, plus obvious ethical concerns about the bigger merger).

Still wondering if Deadpool's popularity will be enough to allow some kinda "Marvel Knights"-ish imprint after the ink dries on this deal. Not that I personally like Deadpool as much as a lot of people, but I like projects like it existing.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Give me Knights with Moon Knight, Blade and Deadpool. Yes pls.

4. Davjs

Trusted

If Deadpool/X-force is the only thing brought over from Fox, I think their versions of Deadpool, Cable and Domino could fit pretty well in the MCU.

5. Tim

We just can't get away from that desire for more Blade, can we? Didn't this literally just come up last week or something? lol. I know I'd be into Wesley Snipes interacting with other Marvel characters. Just give him a Midnight Sons or Spirits of Vengeance series with the Ghost Rider from Agents of SHIELD and some other cool characters. (Obligatory Elsa Bloodstone shoutout.)

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Zombies are out. Vampires are back in!

7. Tim

Obligatory reminder that Kevin Feige is NEVER gonna treat anything he didn't produce as MCU canon. Maybe he'd carry over the Ryan Reynolds casting, but otherwise, he's gonna make his own thing.

8. Davjs

Trusted

That's a bummer. I really liked Cable and Domino. Sucks that may be the only movie those characters get (or those renditions).

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just want a proper classic X-Men film that leads into sequels where new X-Men characters that haven’t been explored on screen before get a chance to shine. I trust Kevin to do that.

Letterbomb31, Davjs and ghostedaway like this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

drewinseries likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit. The Rider is still my #1 movie of the year so far. What a jump.

12. Tim

I'm not familiar with the director, but sounds like she's talented. And, it's obviously exciting that Marvel is giving a WOC the reins of a brand new franchise.

Still gotta read that Eternals trade by Gaiman & Romita Jr I've been sitting on forever, and also gotta look into the original Kirby stuff. I hope Chloe Zhao is able to capitalize on the Kirby foundation Taika Waititi (and, to a lesser extent, James Gunn) laid so far.

Side note: I find it pretty funny that the Eternals feel like they're replacing the Inhumans, after all that hubbub a few years ago about the Inhumans replacing mutants.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Ashamed to say I haven't seen The Rider yet

14. justin. Sep 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Never heard of her but one 1) a Chinese female director is nice 2) The Eternals is gearing up

So that’s great. I wonder if this will take the May 2020 spot that GOTGV3 left available? With a director chosen I could see this filming next summer.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. GBlades

Trusted

I'm actually scared that they'll shelf the "lesser known" heroes such as Moon Knight and Starbrand + Nightmask n favour for the X-Men and Fantastic Four now.

I LOVE FF and would be happy for an actual Marvel adaptation but I wanna see my boy Marc Spectre hit it up with Doc Strange at some point.

Jdaniels likes this.
  16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’d eat my hat if they ever gave Moon Knight a movie, as cool as it would be.

17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

So I guess the cosmic stuff is not gonna happen now that Gunn is fired and GOTG 3 is shelved? That sucks, I was really looking forward to that.

18. GBlades

Trusted

I'm not actually sure yet. Nothings been officially announced. They should wrap up GOTG with a trilogy and then explore more of the cosmic.

19. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I mean they allegedly hired a director for the rumoured Celestials movie so I think they're still going that direction, just with some adjustments

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. fbrrocks

Trusted

Well u can’t have same actor in mcu play two ppl

Jdaniels likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I would typically say you are correct, but Thanos is pure CGI. That case would have been no different than if Vin Diesel actually ended up playing Black Blot even though he is Groot.

22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

But Black Bolt has no lines...

That would’ve been big for Vin. Making millions off two roles with Marvel for his appearance and repeating three words. haha

Jdaniels and Davjs like this.
  23. Did anyone see Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors? I've only watched Initiation so far a couple days ago and really enjoyed it. The AVClub review for Secret Warriors makes it sound like it's nothing like that, which is disappointing.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Must... hold back... tears...