Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It's an important outward symbol of the inward journey he went on in Ragnarok. He's a man willing to make sacrifices and rise up to his father's kingly role that he previously resisted (and be an even better, more righteous leader).

I disagree with critiques that him getting a new weapon to face the specific threat of Thanos and his Gauntlet undo any of the narrative of Ragnarok. But the eye and blowing up (half?) Asgard's people off camera? That's garbage storytelling. Keeping the symbolism of the eye (instead of turning it into a throwaway gag) and showing how King Thor dealt with the threat to his people would've made his arc feel like an extension of Ragnarok, instead of feeling like a lazy reset. At least the conversation with Rocket was really good and helped some.

Even with that failing, Thor was the best thing about Infinity War. But, like, that was bad and completely unnecessary to the story they wanted to tell.

awakeohsleeper, Nathan and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

thor and rocket arriving in wakanda is a great moment

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Thor was not the best part about Infinity War. The story on Titan was.

4. Davjs

Trusted

My favorite moment in maybe all of the MCU. My first time seeing it in the theater, I think that was the most hyped moment for me.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I still enjoy watching the heroes disintegrate. Sure, they'll come back, but it's not often you get to see heroes lose on such a big scale in a blockbuster.

6. Don't forget Groot. Probably my favorite moment with "Bring me Thanos!"

I found a Thor+Groot+Rocket shirt from that very moment and bought it right away.

Davjs likes this.
  7. justin. Aug 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

'Doctor Strange 2' Reportedly Begins Filming Next Year

Now that the foundations for establishing the character are out of the way I am really excited for what can be done in the sequel.

My dream would be to have Nightmare be the main antagonist with Mordo fighting to do what he believes is right and slowly becoming a villain. If he just appears as a villain in then sequel I’ll be disappointed because Chiwetel can handle a tragic role if said character is given a proper treatment. Of course, more trippy effects and on screen appearances of multidimensional or higher creatures (Living Tribunal) would be nice but I would much rather have a solid story than to just be impressed with eye candy.

BornToRun and Jdaniels like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Wesley Snipes seems to insist there are two Blade projects in development

coleslawed likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The Captain Marvel trailer will premiere Tuesday on Good Morning America.

10. GBlades

Trusted

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

GBlades likes this.
  12. GBlades

Trusted

oakhurst likes this.
  13. Tim

This feels really hard to believe, but my freaking goodness, I will be so unreasonably hyped if a Scarlet Witch series happens. Like, dang it, I LOVE THAT CHARACTER. The James Robinson series a few years ago was pretty cool, and obviously everything with her & Vision from the 80s ruled.

xapplexpiex, SpyKi and ghostedaway like this.
  14. GBlades

Trusted

If it's true that most characters that don't have a movie will have a series then that is a MASSIVE investment in Marvel's part.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m assuming the characters that get the shows on the Disney streaming service may not be heavily featured in future films due to the new Avengers group post-phase 3 (Black Panther, Strange, Captain Marvel, etc.), new characters introduced in phase 4 (Eternals, Nova, etc.), and X-Men/FF taking over the spotlight in the films.

Or the characters like Loki will be dead and Marvel just wants to continue making that money with prequel shows.

The best part about this is that the shows will have high budgets.

16. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Can’t wait for Darcy: Rugnurah.

Davjs likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Curious to see if they even try the accent at all. lol

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The working title is Scarlet Witch: How I Lost My Accent.

19. Tim

Allan Heinberg, who created the original Young Avengers comic w/ Jim Cheung & also wrote the script for Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman film, is developing a new Marvel series for ABC centered on "lesser known" female characters.

ugman_2000, Joe4th and Joe like this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

One thousand times Yessss

21. Tim

Who would you wanna see on the show, given who's already been called by Marvel Studios & Marvel Television (and considering this is being developed before the Fox process is done)?

I feel like She-Hulk is the obvious one to hope for. Not sure who else. Ms Marvel needs her own thing, and dunno if that New Warriors concept w/ Squirrel Girl is completely dead. Elsa Bloodstone, perhaps?

22. Tim

I also hope he gathers a strong team of women to write & direct. Even Wonder Woman has some small hints of being written by a dude, from what I remember.

23. GBlades

Trusted

Off the top of my head, I don't know who he would include that isn't part of an MCU property currently or in development.

I'm excited though, always good to see some developing projects. Still no Nova which frustrates me. Give me Champions!!

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd love to see Monica, Dazzler, Silk, Elsa, QUAKE. I could think of a million. Lol. I hope New Warriors and Kamela shows do happen soon.

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's ABC so I have extremely low hopes for this.