Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Jdaniels likes this.
  3. justin. Feb 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

With Tony out of the picture I think a film focusing on War Machine and ending with him introducing /passing the lead hero mantle to Riri would be cool. It might sound similar to Logan but it would paint a clear picture that Phase 4 and beyond is a new era. I would also like to see Rhodes be the one to lead/mentor someone. We’ve already seen Tony do that with Peter...kinda.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tim and AndrewSoup like this.

5. not cool man

justin. and Tim like this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

7. Gunn has said before in some way or another that Baby Groot is not the same Groot as before.

8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, I was surprised everyone was freaking out about it. Pretty sure he said it a decent amount of time ago, definitely before GOTG 2

10. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

February one’s got to be Black Panther 2, right?

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

SO we have Spider-Man in July 2020 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 in 2020

I would guess

May 5, 2021 - Spider-Man 3
    July 30, 2021 - Ant-Man 3
    November 5, 2021 - Doctor Strange 2
    February 18, 2022 - Black Panther 2
    May 5, 2022 - Avengers 5
    July 29, 2022 - Captain Marvel 2

At this rate we'll get Fantastic Four or/and X-Men in 2023 (if the deal goes through).

12. Is Marvel really gonna wait 4 years for BP2, though?

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

10 months between SpiderMan movies is far too quick

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My bad, Spider-Man 2 is in 2019 and not 2020.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

They are at the point where their schedule is getting extremely crowded, so I see it being that long. Black Panther is in Infinity War and Avengers 4 (with rumors of him being in Spider-Man 2), so it's not too long of a wait to see T'Challa on the big screen again).

16. That makes sense with something like Ant-Man or Doctor Strange, but since Black Panther is poised to become one of their biggest films, I can't imagine they'll want to wait too long before a sequel.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Unless they already had an outline for phase 4 before BP was released and moving the sequel to BP up could mess that up. I really don’t think another film other than Black Panther’s sequel will be the February spot. At least it won’t be the five year wait for Doctor Strange 2 if the November date ends up being reserved for that.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I forgot the Black Widow film as well. That will probably get one of the 2020 dates.

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm thinking it'll be (starting with next year, so we can see the flow):

2019:
    -Captain Marvel
    -Avengers 4
    -Spidey 2

2020:
    -Guardians 3
    -Black Widow
    -Doctor Strange 2

2021:
    -Black Panther 2
    -Spidey 3
    -Captain Marvel 2/Ant-Man 3

2022:
    -Captain Marvel 2/Ant-Man 3/new franchise
    -Avengers 5
    -Ant-Man 3/new franchise

Gotta keep that Spidey rhythm going. And, if they work out a renewal of the Sony deal (or just outright buy Spidey), that gives Marvel a young adult Peter to be on a "New Avengers" roster.

I really think February 2022 is for a new franchise. And, even though I think they're gonna move away from multi-franchise narratives post-Infinity War & sequel, I do picture this being a film that can feed into "New Avengers." Someone like Shang-Chi, Namor, Wolverine (if the Fox deal goes through), or even Black Knight.

Other films I could see fitting in:
    -Invincible Iron Man (w/ Riri, Rhodey)
    -Fantastic Four
    -Champions (with a pretty different roster but similar premise to the current comic series; could definitely see Amadeus Cho Hulk, Silk, and Ironheart as part of the team; wanna see Ms Marvel, but the Inhuman thing makes this messy)
    -Vision & Scarlet Witch
    -Adam Warlock

justin. likes this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

22. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

23. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I know that’s a joke but uhhhhhh, gimme Kate Bishop Hawkeye