Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. jellyfishfossil

Regular

At this point I have no interest in a Spider-Man film. I'm interested in seeing how he associates with the Avengers but not a solo film. It would have been nice if they bumped up Black Panther and Captain Marvel and had the solo Spider-Man film later but being that he is in Civil War, I guess they had to release it soon??

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Title is ok but man that logo is bad

3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really excited about Spider-man: Homecoming. Tom Holland is the perfect age to grow with the character so I don't see why they wouldn't make lots of Spidey films with him as long as he is received well in the role. I just hope he is at least as good as Andrew Garfield was, if not better.

4. justinbullock

Formerly Juice182

This has the potential to make as much money as batman v superman while also getting the same critical reception of batman v superman.

JoshShulkin likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Spider-Man is going to make so much money in merch, that it doesn't matter if it is good or bad.

[​IMG]

6. I'm expecting something very light and inoffensive in the vein of Ant-Man, and with the Vacation writers it may be campier too.

I think I get the vibe they're going for, probably a feel-good, coming-of-age movie. I'm thinking this Spidey/Peter will be in between Maguire's and Garfield's, a good balance of innocence and wittiness.

All in all, I'm very cautiously excited for this.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Man, Marvel products outsell DC by that much? They really need to step it up

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I'm always excited for new Spider-Man but right now two Spider-Man movies are on the slate, one from Phil Lord and Chris Miller and one from the writers of Vacation, Horrible Bosses, and the Incredible Burt Wonderstone, so the difference in my excitement level between the two is considerable.

Guys Named Todd, tucah and ECV like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

A lot of the issue is the depth of the Marvel roster and how a lot of these are household names. I would say that 99% of kids can name you most of the Avengers. I highly doubt the same could be said about the Justice League. It's not like there aren't tons of cartoon series and toys, DC/WB just doesn't seem to push them like they used to. We'll see how that changes over the next three years.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

People wasted no time. lol

[​IMG]

11. justinbullock

Formerly Juice182

I had to quote this to see it, glad I did!

12. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I would be terrified about what Marvel would do to Doom. Obviously it would be better than DoomFox but still, there's no track record for good villains in the MCU imo.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol Loki is still the only discernible villain they have.

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I even think his best part was in Thor 2 haha

15. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Spider-man arguably has the best rogues gallery in comics so the mcu should have some great villians soon

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Agree with other people who have said this is the least excited they are for the scheduled Marvel film.

But let's be honest, I'm going to definitely go to the cinema to watch it.

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Just read Gamesradar's review of Civil War. This part makes me incredibly excited to see Tom Holland's Spider-man in action, and for his solo film:

"Better yet is Marvel’s all-new Spider-Man. In a surprisingly substantial appearance, 19-year-old Tom Holland not only makes a case for being the best screen Spidey so far, but also threatens to steal the entire film. His Peter Parker is perfect – nervy, goofy and instantly endearing. In the airport fight however he's truly spectacular, holding his own against the best the MCU has to offer, using his webs in entertaining and creative ways, while his motor-mouthed (and charmingly naive) wisecracking couldn’t be better. “There’s usually not this much talk,” says Falcon. You’ll be grateful there is, and desperate to see more of Holland’s sensational web-slinger the moment you leave the cinema."

Captain America: Civil War review | GamesRadar+

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Reading things like that gets me so excited to see this. I cannot wait.

20. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'd be lying if I said that review doesn't have me hyped to see Spider-man kicking ass and cracking wise.

21. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Guardians 3 will be a part of phase 4, according to Feige. He said he doesn't know the order of what they are working with yet though.

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It's hard for me to not read the Civil War reviews.

24. I'm traveling back home to Venezuela next week and according to our main movie theater chain's website, this premieres on April 29th there.

Still not getting excited until I have a ticket in my hand.

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Inhumans film officially removed from prior release date, as expected.

I imagine it'll probably come out in like 2020? You know, six years after the first MCU Inhumans were introduced on Agents of SHIELD, lol.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.