Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 248

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

2. xapplexpiex Aug 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2022)
    xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The five I Am Groot shorts were cute. Five of them and only six minutes each. It’s just baby Groot and hijinks

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Just add Luna Snow to the MCU when they get to Agents of Atlas it'll be mayhem

5. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Creating fetishes as a marketing tool

GrantCloud and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I want her to carry me and hold me.

8. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

She Hulk premiere event is tonight. Look out for initial reactions and possible spoilers around 9:00 PST.

Penlab likes this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Watched the first four eps. It's a lot of fun. Tatiana Maslany has to be one of the most charismatic, if not all-around, great actors in the MCU. It's more episodic than any of the other Marvel shows, MINOREST OF SPOILERS: as in we really don't have an established big bad in those first four eps, outside of a few hints. Some fun cameos too.

The stuff that doesn't work is still glaring. I still think the CGI is way too cartoonish. Maslany is such an animated, energetic presence on her own that when she becomes She-Hulk, it's like the CGI has trouble replicating all of her facial movements in a way that feels fluid. It could be because some of the CGI is still being rendered, but the quality of it feels all over the place. It also has a decent amount of "Fleabag"-like fourth wall breaks and your mileage is gonna vary with those, but I mostly dug them.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

really glad to hear they kept the fourth wall breaks from the comics, those are so much fun

@Zilla if you don't mind saying: how much Daredevil action do we see in the episodes you saw?

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

In the first four eps - None.
    also, every episode has a stinger.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. DerekIsAGooner

Just got out of the premiere.
    This show is FANTASTIC.

TSLROCKS and Rowan5215 like this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

damn I was worried for a sec and then I remembered this show's ten episodes not six haha

glad to hear this is getting positive reviews, stoked

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

How much Bruce do we get in the first few episodes?

15. Cmoney86 Aug 16, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2022)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

They are recasting tony stark/iron man for the 2 avengers movies. It’s going to be a younger version variant of him from a different universe

16. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Source?

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

theres an article on giantfreakingrobot

18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

They say younger, but it’ll be Tom Cruise.

19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Is this a reputable site? Haven't really heard of them.

20. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

Yeah I have trouble believing it based on the source

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That is not a reputable source lol

GrantCloud likes this.
  22. Maverick

Trusted

Yeah that’s one of the worst sites for entertainment “news”

They fooled me once saying that the OA was getting another season after it got canceled, never again. They’re all about the clickbait.

23. DerekIsAGooner

Quite a bit in episode 1. He sort of teaches Jennifer “how to be a Hulk.” Then it’s bits of him in the next couple, then he exits the series via a plot occurrence to set up his next story. [/spoilers]

24. somethingwitty

Trusted

She Hulk is just not doing it for me based in those first 4 eps. It’s really jarring how much this feels like a bad sitcom. I don’t think I laughed or chuckled once.

25. Halitosis Jones Aug 18, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2022)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

I was thinking what are the biggest non-X-men and non-FF superheroes that haven't gotten an MCU version yet?

Besides characters in Sony Spider-verse (jessica drew, miles, ect) the only one I can think of we haven't gotten or is announced is The Sentry. Are their any I am blankng on?

There is Cho and Hulking but i think both are pretty much an inevitability at this point.