Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 247

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I dunno, I liked Season 2. My main complaint I can remember offhand is that the Jigsaw plotline felt wasted because it never really intersected back with Frank except at the end, when it no longer mattered. Felt like they should've saved Jigsaw for the future or made Season 2 more about him.

2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I never watched season 2 because they had announced the cancellations.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I sat through Iron Fist s1 without getting bored - hell, I even like a lot of Defenders - but Punisher s2 is the only season I straight up had to turn off because I was going crosseyed with boredom. just unbelievably unexciting writing imo. not to mention, they fucked up Jigsaw so hard. s1 left the perfect blueprint for him to be a great villain and they fumbled it in every conceivable way

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oh. yellow daredevil

5. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

And Matt was all yellow

GrantCloud and Penlab like this.
  6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

What's with the bats? Is Batman in this???

7. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Rosario Dawson is now walking back her comment about Punisher, saying she heard it from a fan and thought they knew something she didn't.

I dunno, sounds sus.

RyanPm40 and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It ain't a Marvel project unless one of the actors drops info way ahead of plan.

coleslawed, JoshIsMediocre and Penlab like this.
  9. Immortal1001 Aug 8, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2022)
    Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

Punisher season 2 felt unnecessary because where Frank ended up at the end of the season is where he should've been at the end of season 1. They need to move past the origin, he should know what he is now. Also, it felt like they watered the character down too much in an attempt to make him more likeable. I don't think the Punisher is really meant to be a likeable character lol

10. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I strongly disagree with the latter. One of the reasons I loved Bernthal's take is because of how well he portrayed a Punisher that's ruthless to his enemies and affable to everyone else.

11. Immortal1001

Killing Nothing

I really like Jon Bernthal in the role. But the Punisher is a serial killer, he's not a nice guy. My favourite run in the comics is the Punisher MAX stuff that Garth Ennis did, and I'd love to see that version of the character fully come to life on screen. Punisher in Daredevil season 2 is the closest we've had to that, season 1 of Punisher had some great moments, but there were lots of scenes in season 2 that just felt like a betrayal of the character imo.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

oh yeah lol they did the 'Frank retires from Punishing and reluctantly gets dragged back in' beat like three times across the two seasons. just a really frustrating circular storytelling choice

him softening up over s1 in his relationship with Micro but still being ruthless when it counted was the best thing about the show. then s2 just... did that arc again with a precocious kid who against all odds bonded with the broken violent man. like come on people how many times do we need to see this exact fucking arc again and again

Immortal1001 likes this.
  13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

(shrugs) I liked it. I like being reminded that Frank Castle is a human being.

Also, can't lie, with some exceptions, everything I've read in the MAX line turns me off.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

It's still funny how Russo just had like 4 scars on his face

Immortal1001 likes this.
  15. DerekIsAGooner Aug 8, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2022)
    DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Frank Castle will be in the Thunderbolts squad. We might see him ahead of then - maybe he even gets into trouble in one of the Netflix shows, thus lining him up for Thunderbolts.

16. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

17. PauLo

43% Burnt

I'm all for a homicidal serial killer puppet in the MCU

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  18. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Night_of_the_Living_Dummy_(Cover).jpg

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  21. JoshIsMediocre

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  23. JoshIsMediocre

Tell halomancer1 not me

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Fantastic Four: Big in Japan book was a lot of fun. Never tried any of the manga.

Batman and Catwoman animes were both dope.

25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Didn’t there used to be an Iron Man vs Punisher anime that used to be on Netflix? I mean, I’m sure it was elsewhere too, but that’s the only place I saw it