Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Is Damage Control still in development?

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah. DC and Marvel are basically racing to see who can get the same exact show out first.

3. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Well that's frustrating

4. The DC show might as well be dead on arrival since it's on NBC.

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't watch any Freeform shows or have any interest in them, but I don't care because I'M FINALLY GETTING A CLOAK AND DAGGER SERIES.

Honestly, based on the original miniseries and first ongoing from the 80s, Freeform is probably a perfect home for the characters, lol. It's going to be ridiculously melodramatic, but that's alright. I wonder if anyone from Netflix will cameo, and also what other characters will show up. I'd love to see Mister Negative, (Ultimate) Bombshell, and Black Cat (who probably doesn't fit with the current iteration of Spider-Man) appear at some point during its run. Hopefully I like the leads they pick, since that can cover over a multitude of sins for me.

US Camera likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. jellyfishfossil

Regular

8. Tim

So hyped she's in the MCU, love her. I was hoping Coogler would use her in Black Panther (Shuri?), since she was in Creed, but other Marvel properties really need diversity, so this is kinda better, lol. Between her in Thor and Zendaya in Spider-Man, I'm glad Marvel films are using WOC. (Hopefully she's not playing a green character like Zoe Saldana.)

AndrewSoup and morgantayler like this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

US Camera likes this.
  11. Tim

I could really use some Captain Marvel news, though I have plenty to get hyped about between then and now.

What Marvel films are people most looking forward to, and why? Black Panther is at the top for me because I love the character, love what I've seen in Civil War trailers of him, and love Coogler. That's gonna be something really special. Second is probably Civil War because it looks like it could be the best of Avengers and Winter Soldier combined, though I'm also hyped for GOTG Vol 2 because the first one hit just right for me and is easily my favorite comic book film. Still bummed that I'm least excited for Spider-Man's film.

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Looking forward to Ant Man & The Wasp because I love Ant Man. And GOTG2 should be good.

Really excited to see a bunch of new heroes get movies and just not keep going with the three we've had so much of

13. Dean Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I never would've thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to Ragnarok. I like Waititi and everything I've read from him about it so far makes me feel good about it.

Tim likes this.
  14. Guys Named Todd Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2016)
    Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

At this point I'm excited for all of them except for Ragnarok. Even though I've loved the current run of The Mighty Thor for the most part, the movies have been really disappointing. I'm also cautious about Ant Man. The first film was ok, but I don't know that I'd be even remotely interested in a sequel without The Wasp attached.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've liked both Thor films, so I'm on board.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Tim

I'm definitely a Thor: The Dark World apologist. Both films are among the most vanilla and forgettable of the MCU (along with Incredible Hulk), but both are also pretty inoffensive, and I think Thor 2 is pretty fun. Well acted, with decent comedy. Like, I don't like it enough to argue with people who hate it, but I do like it enough to own it and be surprised that it's as hated as it is.

I am tentatively optimistic that this one will finally make good use of the excellent cast, though. I don't know what Anthony Hopkins' role will be, but if he does make any significant appearance, between him, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Jaimie Alexander, Mark Ruffalo, Cate Blanchett, and Tessa Thompson, this has no place being another forgettable film.

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Both Thor movies were fine, just very forgettable.

I need to buy & rewatch The Incredible Hulk.

18. jellyfishfossil

Regular

I have been following this rumor for a few months now. Since last July it has been rumored that an Avengers vs X-Men film will be announced for 2020 at Comic-Con 2016. Marvel currently has a few spots saved for 2020 films but they haven't stated which films the release dates are reserved for.

Avengers X-Men Movie Rumored For 2020 From Marvel & Fox

Last month another rumor came up still suggesting that an Avengers vs X-Men film is being planned for 2020 and will be announced this summer. It was added that Apocalypse will be the last X-Men film directed by Bryan Singer.

X-Men Rumored To Marvel & Avengers Again; Singer Leaving Franchise?

Today, the producer of the X-Men movies gave support for an Avengers and X-Men crossover.

X-Men Producer Thinks It Would Be Fun to do Crossover With Avengers

If this does happen then I would really like Fassbender and McAvoy to stay as Magneto and Xavier.

19. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, between Waititi, the core cast and the additions, Ragnarok at least has the components to be the first one that's more than okay at best. That and, for whatever reason, Marvel's best films tend to be the ones directed by people who've come from comedy backgrounds so hopefully that's a good omen.

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Spider-Man: Homecoming is the official Spidey title

21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Hope it's about Peter's trials and tribulations ahead of the big Homecoming dance.

22. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Is the central plot him trying to ask a girl to the school dance

23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

That and looking for the perfect suit in his price range.

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

looks like that's plausible

25. [​IMG]

Confirmed scene.