Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 167

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I want to believe that is indeed true

2. Multiple sources have confirmed and while getting more Charlie Cox excites me even more than old Spider-Men coming back... how in the world will this movie manage to not be a convoluted mess

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It'll probably just be a ton of brief cameos of Spiderman drifting through different multiverses tbh. But I wonder if that could mean Daredevil still won't be considered canon to the MCU heh

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I mean Matt showing up as a lawyer for Peter who is on trial for murder would definitely make sense

beachdude, iiiii623498 and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Good point!

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I’ve been wanting Cox and Holland on screen together since Spider-Man was in Civil War. If this is real it’s a dream come true.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm literally the exact opposite of this lol. Rise of Skywalker wasn't good but I'm so onboard with everything else announced that I'm super excited

Meanwhile I don't even know if I'm gonna watch any more Marvel movies besides Guardians 3 and Spider-Man

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

A new report by DanielPRK states that Doctor Strange will fight both Scarlet Witch and Captain Hydra which explains the recent news that Marvel is wanting the actor back. Feige also reportedly wants Lawrence’s Mystique to appear in the film.

9. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I'd believe it based on all the Hydra references in WandaVision

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Jim Starlin stated that Thanos will be in Eternals.

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't know if I take that Jim Starlin comment as a confirmation of anything. It wouldn't shock me if he had a small flashback role in Eternals based on his ties to them in the comics, but not putting much stock in it yet. And, don't really care either way, lol; Chloé Zhao making an interesting comic book film is the selling point, not connectivity to other Marvel stuff. (Though, at least I know she'd make whatever hypothetical cameo cool.)

As for the DanielPRK thing... The nerds who follow gossip/leaks closely enough to keep a spreadsheet of scoops & outcomes (lol) say he's actually not particularly reliable. The vibe I get is that he's just connected enough to get real leaks here & there, but is also kinda gullible & dumb. It's worth mentioning that Patrick Stewart said he met with Kevin Feige a couple months ago (but turned down returning because he wants Logan to remain his swan song), so Fox people showing up here & there during multiversal shenanigans isn't outside the realm of possibility. That particular character would be surprising for a few different reasons, though.

If anything, Magneto showing up would make the most character/story sense. If anyone cares enough, Polaris, too. How fun could it be to see Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Evan Peters as Quicksilver, Emma Dumont as Polaris, & Ian McKellen as Magneto, all together? As long as you don't overthink the continuity of it all.

12. PauLo

43% Burnt

In the interview Starlin mentioned that, he said that he had heard it was happening. Not from any insider, just a rumour like everyone else. But because he mentioned it, everyone is taking it as gospel.

Same as that rumour about Charlie Cox having already filmed his Spider-Man 3 scenes. Much like the Starlin rumour, it came from Brandon Davis’ new podcast when he said a trusted source said he had filmed stuff. Before you know it, it’s “CONFIRMED: Daredevil in Spidey 3!” headlines everywhere.

It is funny listening to the podcast and seeing the rumour spread in real time, though.

13. Anthony_

It’s time to move on from the past and cast new actors in the X-Men roles. When Marvel figures out a good way to integrate them into the MCU, it should be as a fresh start.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Other than Deadpool and Colossus, it seems like all of the old X-Men actors are only going to appear for short periods of time through the multiverse (if the rumors are correct). I think that’s fine so long as we get new actors for the main universe.

beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

remember when they just gave up on her makeup lol

[​IMG]

coleslawed, beachdude, SpyKi and 6 others like this.
  16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

To be clear, I’m suggesting Ian McKellen as part of this storyline, not as The Official Magneto of The Marvel Cinematic Universe™ (& only because that whole “multiverse” thing is already being played around with, for better or worse). Using him, or maybe Fassbender, would at least have a good balance of storytelling, fan service, & quality actors.

Though, tbh, I also wouldn’t mind them just saying fuck it & using McKellen as their official Magneto, lol.

beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

McKellen is way too old to be Magneto outside of a cameo. I also don’t see McKellen wanting to return if Stewart won’t.

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’m finding this whole multiverse thing very confusing.

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

So I’m guessing they’re shelving the cosmic stuff?

20. iiiii623498

Regular

Nova is apparently still in some form of development

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Thor will be pretty cosmic, but for the most part the cosmic stuff is being pushed back until GOTG vol. 3 is released.

22. oakhurst Jan 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2021)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Black Widow is listed on the Disney+ website now. Hmmm

BornToRun likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Disney really can't push it back again. Shang-Chi and Eternals are both complete with Thor beginning production today. They have to start releasing their films and counting their financial loses before they have too many films sitting on the shelf.

24. Anthony_

Considering I'm over Scarlett Johansson in general given all the problematic shit she can't stop saying, I'd be fine seeing Black Widow on Disney+

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Even if it costs $30?