Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 154

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m surprised we haven’t had a confirmation on the actress for Kate since we’re 2 weeks into filming

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I’m hoping that rumored back & forth with Hailee Steinfeld’s availability got sorted out. She’s wonderful & would be a really fun Kate. And, if that Yelena rumor is true (I don’t personally trust that source yet), Hailee & Florence getting a superhero scene together would be just delightful.

Other things I want from this series that I probably won’t be in any hurry to watch:
    - Clint saying, “ok, this look bad” multiple times.
    - Clint in the classic Hawkeye suit at some point.
    - Lucky the pizza dog.
    - More of Clint’s family, which may not match either the Matt Fraction era or the West Coast Avengers era, but they were the best thing about MCU Clint. (Heck, if those above rumors happen, just let Florence’s Yelena & Hailee’s Kate meet at the farm so Linda Cardellini can also be present. That scene alone would justify this entire Jeremy Renner series’ existence.)

coleslawed and oakhurst like this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The fact that the show will dive more into Clint’s time as Ronin, the intro the Kate and more of Pugh’s Black Widow gives me high hopes.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Any word on villains?

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

you mean other than Renner himself

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah, I mean narratively lol

7. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Hailee Steinfeld had an Instagram post the other day that some interpreted as hinting at it. That, along the the directors of the series commenting on the post with three purple hearts.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

We may get confirmation during Disney’s investor meeting on December 10th.

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Renner, Steinfeld, and Lucky the Pizza Dog on set.

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Renners Hawkeye could never be as likable as that Hawkeye though. I’d love to be proven wrong

11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

PIZZA DOG

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Jeremy Renner, every horrible thing about him as a human aside, isn't right for that version of Hawkeye. He's not a relatable, down to earth screen presence. Even his best work was playing humorless psychopaths. I loved the Fraction Hawkeye a lot and it's not that I'd watch the show with Renner in it anyway, but the idea of a live action version of Hawkeye influenced by that version of the character played by Jeremy Renner sucks.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I have no plans to watch it because of Renner. I'm not really feeling Falcon and Winter Soldier, either, for some reason I can't explain heh. Gimme Wandavision, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Moon Knight asap plz

14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mean, Hawkeye was genuinely good in Age of Ultron. Obviously that movie was a mess (& that’s before getting into the ways Jeremy Renner & Joss Whedon suck as people), but everything with Hawkeye in that movie honestly worked quite well.

I’d still prefer if Renner weren’t in this because he’s a shitty dude. And, either way, I’m not in a hurry to watch Hawkeye in television form when I could just reread what Matt Fraction, David Aja, & company did with their comics (which is flawless comics that could never work quite the same in another medium). But, if Renner weren’t shitty, & if this were a 2-hr movie, I’d totally be into the Age of Ultron Hawkeye in a Fraction-influenced story. Especially since those versions aren’t any more different than Fraction’s version is from 80s West Coast Avengers Clint anyways.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

idk, Falcon & The Winter Soldier is going to be great I think. Mackie and Stan are great together and also having Daniel Bruhl return is going to rule.

justin. likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

Yeah maybe it's just because they haven't been heavily focused on in the films (outside of Bucky in Winter Soldier), so I just don't have a strong opinion of their characters, and the other shows have the excitement of new characters that we haven't seen before.

I will probably be checking it out regardless, but it's definitely lower on my list of these upcoming Disney+ shows

17. RyanPm40

Heh I honestly just don't remember much about AoU or anything about his character in it. It's been awhile. I need to rewatch the first two avengers movies some time.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

morgantayler and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. PauLo

43% Burnt

Spotted filming the actual show? Pfft. I’ll wait till official word from Marvel THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’ll be watching every D+ show because I’m a sucker for anything MCU and want to see where each character branches off.

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Hailee as Kate automatically makes this an instant watch for me

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So I got a question. After shield fell apart, who the hell pays Cap, Natasha, and Clint? How do they pay the bills? I can believe Nick has a stash of cash somewhere. Maybe even Natasha. But what’s Caps day job

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Tony Stark’s bottomless avengers pit of money

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah but he was mad at them. He didn’t cut them off? Also it’s kinda funny that Tony, the richest guy who we could just believe doesn’t have to work, is the only one that continues to work after becoming a super hero

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If I remember correctly one of the Infinity War prelude comics revealed that Stark was helping Rogers, Nat, and Wilson keep people off their trail during the two years after Civil War, so it’s reasonable to think he would also throw resources their way.