Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 153

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lest we forget this

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Word on the street is that Feige sees it as a great contender for award season which is why it swapped release with Shang-Chi and was pushed back to November.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This sums up how I feel really well. I'd much rather the MCU be a stepping stone for up and coming actors to go on to do great work than a way to prevent great actors from doing more interesting work

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

An Egyptian director for a character partially based on Egyptian mythology? Nice.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

So, between Apocalypse & Moon Knight, is Oscar Isaac just super into Marvel characters with ties to Egypt?

Also, not directly Marvel related, but since rumors/“scoops” are posted here a lot, especially recently:

Used to list Jeremy Conrad as one of the slightly more reliable online nerd scoopers, but... guess not anymore!

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

Followed him for about a week about a year ago. He was a sarcastic dick to so many of his followers and not just the dickhead know-it-all nerds who deserve it. Makes sense now.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit is discontinuing any submissions from MCU Cosmic (Jeremy).

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Images of Ms Marvel in a Captain Marvel halloween costume have surfaced.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Have a question about Thor: Ragnarok that I think about every time I watch it. Towards the beginning when Thor returns to Asgard with Surtur’s crown, Skurge is there and thinks Odin is still king. Well when Thor exposes Loki as Odin, Skurge arrives and Loki tells him he had just the one job to do. Skurge doesn’t seem surprised to find out Loki was parading around as Odin. Surely he didn’t actually know and if he did not, why or how was he not baffled to find out it has been Loki this whole time?

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Skurge isn't exactly the sharpest sword in the armory if you know what I mean

beachdude, coleslawed and Jdaniels like this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Old convo, but...

And there’s even precedent for their existence actually being in history books and people writing off as some sort of weird quirk of the time and not evidence that they’ve been around in large numbers for thousands of years. See: The Greeks getting very very gay with each other lol.

And of course all of the bachelor historical figures with a “very good friend” that was by their side at all times and lived together and etc.

Jdaniels and Tim like this.
  14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

100%. And then, when people discover or try to reclaim queer historical figures, right wing reactionaries always get mad & have trouble wrapping their minds around queerness not being a new thing (just some of the language around it is).

I’m pretty sure some mutant (or similar) stories have casually suggested that particular figures from history, or mythology & folklore, were actually secret mutants, so not like that strategy is a new idea!

Take that history of queerness irl, plus other examples of marginalized people being erased (from black people in historical contexts, to various ignored genocides & the like). Throw in some influences from mythology, folklore, & urban legends. Boom. An explanation for mutants having always been around that’s 100% less of a stretch than all sorts of things these superhero films already ask us to buy, lol.

coleslawed, David87 and Jdaniels like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

atticusfinch likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

he would’ve been 44 today...

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

why would someone so great subject themselves to being in a tv series with Jeremy Renner

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Guarantee Marvel had her sign like a 9 film/show deal with Black Widow

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Totally forgot for a second that’s she’s already in MCU due to the black widow movie

Whalejaw and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully she kills Hawkeye in the first scene and just takes over. Arrow right through the eye

PatRFinley and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Love that they’re doing the Hawkeye series but dying for a recast or for Renner to immediately get phased out

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Loving the Renner hate lol

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Well this series will probably serve as the handoff for a Kate Bishop Hawkeye right?

On a somewhat related tangent, around the release of Endgame I had a hairstylist tell me that I looked like Jeremy Renner. I don’t know what she was smoking cuz I’m a dark, fat Mexican dude so i don’t even know what to say to that

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it’s been confirmed Clint will be passing the mantle to Kate