Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 131

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Given T'Challa's decision to set his focus more on global affairs and how Wakanda can integrate into the world community following their revealing themselves, I would say that he absolutely could take the lead in terms of who the shot-caller is when the Avengers assemble.

Remember, Captain America was the previous leader of the Avengers, but only in the sense that he was the shot-caller when they got together. You don't have to actually be focused on Avengers-related affairs 24/7 to be the team leader. I mean, really, Stark was way more involved in the day-to-day operations of the Avengers as a brand than Rogers was, what with their headquarters being housed in his facilities and what-not.

Also, Captain Marvel is way more concerned with the affairs of the entire galaxy than she is with things related to Earth, specifically. She'll show up when she's needed but she probably isn't going to be a part of every Avengers film from here on out. You need a hero with a stronger connection to Earth to be the leader, in my opinion.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If I was in the Avengers I’d honestly want Doctor Strange to be the leader. Someone that can see through dimensions and time? Sold.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm still Team Rhodey. He deserves it & would be a good fit.

If we gotta pick a Phase 3-4 character, I guess I'd say Black Panther. If he has to be an Avenger, I wouldn't want him to not be the leader. But, honestly, even though there's a long comic book precedent, I'm not a fan of him being both king & full time Avenger. I like that Priest addressed that by revealing he originally joined to spy on the Avengers during his iconic run.

There's no reality where Black Panther is a full time Avenger & Captain Marvel isn't.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. justin. Apr 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I could see Rhodes taking charge from a desk at Avengers HQ similar to what Black Widow was doing in Endgame.

Who could be a worthy villain with both Captain Marvel and Strange on the team? Those two together will be pretty difficult for future villains that come from Earth.

6. Anthony_

Captain Marvel (and the Guardians for that matter) probably won’t be involved in the next Avengers since they’re probably not gonna do another Thanos-level villain right away in the next one. So they won’t have to figure that out right away.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. Tim

It's funny to me that Sony is putting out more live action Marvel films in 2021 than Disney is.

Shoving Strange into the month after Thor just feels so weird to me. Would prefer to get it in November, or maybe in July & then Captain Marvel in November. By the time we get to Captain Marvel, I'm just gonna be so tired, lol.

9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

That’s...that’s a lot of Marvel.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8 films, 20 months

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Marvel should definitely move Captain Marvel to Nov and have Doctor Strange in May/Black Panther in July

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Damn it I wanted to make a joke about they couldn’t even list the best Spider-Man movie but they had to throw in mcu in there

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Anthony_ and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

question for marvel fans: if I have never seen a Thor movie will I be confused by Ragnarok?

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

no and there's no reason to watch the other 2 Thor movies lol

16. Tim

Yeah, no, if you have a general sense of who Thor is, you'll be fine. There's some stuff at the beginning that's taking care of a couple dangling threads from Dark World, but they have a funny gag that gives all the background you need for it, so shouldn't be a problem.

mad likes this.
  17. Anthony_

I would suggest that you might want to read a plot summary of those movies just for the context surrounding Thor and Loki's relationship, as that's the only real throughline of the three movies (if you're not already familiar with it) but other than that it's not necessary, no.

mad likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I read that. Good read and, even though I doubt Trank and I would get along, his story is interesting. I'm down for Capone, even with how much I wish Tom Hardy would shift his ratio of weird roles with a bunch of makeup and accents to semi-normal Tom Hardy a little bit towards the latter.

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Last night in my dreams I watched a trailer for a new Captain America that I think was called Captain America: False Idol or something. And then I watched a trailer for another new Marvel movie that was either a Thor movie or a GOTG movie. Sadly I don't remember any details besides that.

21. Captain America: False Idol sounds like a great title for a Secret Invasion-esq storyline.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

justin. likes this.
  23. Am I the only one hoping they can somehow keep Charlie Cox and the rest of the cast?

Gimme more D’Onofrio Kingpin!

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Bring em all back

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The cast for that was so good. Loved Series 1 and 3. Would be a shame to not see D’Onofrio Kingpin again.

Fronnyfron likes this.