Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 130

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Hahaha no worries on the "well actually" :-p. That's good to know, I didn't realize how common an occurrence it is/was in ASM. The Ultimate comics are really the only ones I've read start to finish in great detail, otherwise some random issues here and there of ASM and various other Spider-Man universes

Tim likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Comic Con was officially cancelled. I wonder if Marvel will hold an online conference.

3. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

This would have been my 8th consecutive year going to SDCC, but I'm kind of glad it's cancelled.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Fan made Avengers 5 poster. This team wouldn’t make me mad. They’ll have such a huge roster I’m not sure how Shang-Chi and the others will fit unless they split the team up.

5. RyanPm40

Is there any reason to believe Ant-Man won't be in A5?

6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t see a reason to have another roster as large as the one for endgame. Give me a small team

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Most people I’ve read comments from want a small team but due to the roster we’re not sure how that will be accomplished unless there are multiple teams (cosmic, earth, etc.)

I could see Strange, if anyone, not being a team member and doing his own thing until another Endgame-like event occurs.

8. Dodge725

Trusted

I could see them doing an Avengers 5 that has everyone but focuses on a few. Secret Invasion but with many of the main characters replaced by Skrulls and becoming villains could be really fun. Get a version of the Dark Avengers but there’s a built in relationship for the audience since they’re the actual Avengers and the new heroes get a chance to shine.

Oskarr likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They’re making a third Ant-Man, he’ll definitely be in the next Avengers.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I think a good roster would be Black Panther (new leader), Spider-Man, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon, Bucky, new Hawkeye, Okoye, and Shuri. Professor Hulk would be in a supporting role of course.

I don’t think Thor, Captain Marvel, and the Guardians characters will be involved in the next Avengers unless they jump right to another Thanos-level threat (which I hope they don’t do right away).

11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I would honestly be fine with them ditching "Avengers" movies and just do smaller team-ups within the solo movies (Bucky in Black Panther 2, Daredevil in Spider-Man 3 etc.) and just call the next big event "Marvel's Secret Invasion" or whatever they decide to do (which is what Infinity War and Endgame should've been called), especially since X-Men and Fantastic Four will kinda fill the ensemble movie role that Avengers did. They'd never do that though since Avengers is basically a guaranteed $1 billion+.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’d bet they’re going to set up Captain Marvel as the new leader of the avengers, either that or make Thor the leader.

I could see the new team being:
    Thor
    War Machine
    Ant-Man
    Black Widow (Yelena)
    Wasp
    Black Panther
    Spider-Man
    Captain Marvel
    Shang-Chi
    Scarlet Witch
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier

Doctor Strange will be a big alliance but I don’t see him ever becoming an Avenger.

Whatever the next team up film is it’s going to be weird without Tony and Steve.

13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I cannot emphasize enough how little I want a Secret Invasion movie. Like, Ant-Man could enter the quantum realm & still find no traces of me wanting a Secret Invasion movie.

They won't be able to resist making Black Panther, Captain Marvel, etc., the cast of the next Avengers film. But, personally, I'd love to see them keep those characters in their own franchises until they've completed trilogies, & instead make an Avengers roster of around 7 characters who either already have a trilogy under their belts or are unlikely to get a solo theatrical film any time soon. Like, make Rhodey (as War Machine, Iron Patriot, or maybe even Iron Man) the team leader, & prioritize supporting characters like Wasp & Disney+ tier characters like Falcon/Cap over T'Challa, Carol, & Spidey.

If you put the "Marvel's Avengers" branding on that, it'll still make big money. And, yeah, sure, you could do that whole action movie thing where you open w/ some semi-unrelated, mid-process action sequence featuring a team-up with, like, Black Panther or whatever, w/out them being part of the whole movie. But, we're gonna get T'Challa's story in at least a couple more Black Panther movies. It'd be more interesting if the Avengers franchise started feeling less like a big crossover & more like a Guardians or X-Men, that could work on its own terms. And then, w/ each film, a couple characters could take a step back & a couple new characters could graduate up.

But, there's no chance that happens, lol, so whatever.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Though, also, Spider-Man shouldn't be an Avenger, but that's just the Spidey purist in me, lol.

TEGCRocco, Nyquist and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn’t be sad if marvel didn’t make another “Avengers” film. If it ended with endgame and they only did smaller team up films I’d be fine with it. I’m not sure how well the casual audience will take an Avengers film without RDJ, Chris Evans, Scarlett, etc. Sure, it will make money, but somethings you can’t replace. Movies and comics are much different when it comes to that.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The new rumor has it that the "New Avengers" will be a huge factor in Captain Marvel 2, so she'll be on the team if that's the case.

17. Anthony_

Her presence kind of breaks all of the tension though so idk if including her in a non-Thanos-level event would be smart

18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

just do the young avengers and call it’s a day

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Dodge725

Trusted

I think you’re getting that on Disney+ with the upcoming Hawkeye & Ms Marvel shows. I could see the films being the home of the Avengers and Disney+ being home of the Young Avengers.

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I want Moon Knight on the new Avengers, gimme what I want

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. RyanPm40

Technically, if Marvel replaces Miles with Peter (boo) and figures out an Iron Man replacement, we could have every member of these New Avengers if rumors of Nova are true and we get Ms. Marvel in time.

Screenshot_20200422-181933_Gallery.jpg

22. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the champions are the best and I say they and the young avengers deserve the world

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Anthony_

If the Ms. Marvel series doesn’t happen before the next Avengers movie then they seriously messed up.

Also always a chance we got a F4 movie before then too.

Also regardless of anything else I think Black Panther should be the new leader of the team.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Would T'Challa's devotion to Wakanda (and living there) not get in the way of him leading the Avengers? I can't imagine him ditching Wakanda for the Avengers HQ. I see Captain Marvel leading it due to her ties to Fury and her flexibility.

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Def see CM leading the group over BP

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.