Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 125

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Cap:TFA is a fine movie that's gotten better with time as Evans' Cap has grown. The first two Thors are laughably bad

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

SpyKi likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Man that fan art of Stephanie Beatriz as Jennifer Walters from the other day got me really hyped for that idea, too bad B99 would prevent her from doing it even if the studio wanted her to

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think infinity war and endgame are both slogs

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Idk, I feel like the opportunity to have your own marvel show and appear in MCU films could make any actor/actress consider jumping ship

6. Anthony_

She’s already contractually committed to B99 and they’re shooting while this is supposed to shoot. But Marvel isn’t looking for an actress of color anyway per that article above so it’s kind of a moot point.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I love Alison Brie but having a difficult time picturing her in the role. Time will tell where Marvel ends up heading, though

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Would love for Alison to get an opportunity like that, she's way too talented to be so underrated

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

Yeah I absolutely agree, aside from having a difficult time picturing her in this role specifically. I would love some more opportunities for Gillian Jacobs, too

Petit nain des Îles and tdlyon like this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The Falcon and Winter Soldier is apparently going through re-writes and re-shoots due to Marvel Studios wanting to replace a portion of the show that deals with an epidemic (probably 'madbomb') due to the heightened situation of the coronavirus.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. Anthony_

Goddammit

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It’s being reporting on multiple news outlets. I just happened to click on we got this covered first

15. Anthony_

True or not Cavill is so wrong for the role lol

GrantCloud, justin. and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. RyanPm40

Yeah I can't picture him in that role at all, but it wouldn't be the first time I've felt that way about an actor only to be proven wrong once it comes out

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

He is too tall

coleslawed likes this.
  18. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

CBR, which is by my own admission, a click-bait filled POS at times, followed the rumor to its source, and it seems to be, uh...

A photoshopped suggestion on Twitter.

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-henry-cavill-rumor/

As always, unless it's coming from The Hollywood Reporter, Variety or some other trade, take a MASSIVE GRAIN OF SALT.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. blast0rama

Oh man, this version of the story comes from the YouTube page "The Quartering"?!

Jesus Christ. Here's an example of the stuff they post.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 7.24.47 PM.png

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Like I said earlier, that website was just the first one I saw that reported it. There are other sites reporting the rumor

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

is deadline, thr or variety among them

coleslawed and blast0rama like this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Is that the trinity of casting rumors? lol

but no I don’t think any of them have reported it

23. Anthony_

no they’re just, you know, reputable outlets lol

coleslawed, GrantCloud and blast0rama like this.
  24. blast0rama

Pretty much that, yeah.

It's a bummer how many sites just churn this crap out.

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I feel like we had this conversation about how trash WGTC is not that long ago? Maybe not, I dunno.

But, in this era of an aggressively garbage clickbait rumor factory that spreads like wildfire... People who are into Marvel DC, Star Wars, etc. enough to regularly keep up w/ rumors should probably try to start internalizing which sources have the best & worst track records. And, as has been discussed previously, also work to share original reports (which are usually linked to in the various clickbait reposts, so it's not hard work) instead of spreading the clickbait reposts.

For example (not comprehensive):

We Got This Covered & Cosmic Book News are above average trash; don't listen to or share anything that starts out there.

Deadline, Variety, & The Hollywood Reporter are above average reputable. No source is perfect, & not all rumors that are accurate actually materialize, but anything that is initially reported by one of 'em is worth consideration.

There are people on Twitter in the business of scoops who are the first to be right just often enough to take seriously, but also get things wrong enough to take w/ a grain of salt. People like Jeremy Conrad & Daniel Richtman. In the case of Jeremy Conrad, if the scoop makes it to MCU Cosmic, there seems to be a higher chance that it's right, though obviously it still requires a grain of salt.

Reddit is... messy. More trash than accuracy, but surprisingly accurate stuff gets out there. Star Wars Leaks had significant plot details from Rise of Skywalker I think literal months in advance? If you skim the comments there or Marvel Studios Spoilers, you can get a better sense from the community on the odds that it has truth to it.

CBR, Newsrama, etc., typically don't have any original scoops, just clickbait slapped together from other sources like the above. They're a middle man. Always look for the link to the original source, which is typically linked to in the first couple paragraphs. If their source is WGTC, Cosmic Book, or some random YouTuber, not worth even clicking through or sharing; if their source is Variety, Jeremy Conrad, etc., it is worth sharing, BUT, first, click through, & share the original instead, please!