Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 124

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Black Panther and OG Avengers are up there for me

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just like my MCU films to feel like a universe merged together (the Sanctum scene helps this to a small extent). Same thing with Black Panther. Amazing cast, good story, but too contained. Black Panther probably has some of the best casting aside from Endgame but Endgame is an ensemble film so that’s probably not a fair comparison.

Guardians 2 is another great solo film due to the soundtrack, character development and visual effects.

3. Nathan

"too contained" is a maddening complaint.

4. Nathan

the overall "plot" of the interconnected MCU is really nothing, very select few relationships hold weight when it all crosses path and the "resolution" of infinity war/endgame isn't really about those relationships

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’d put Avengers 1, Infinity War, Endgame, Iron Man, The Winter Soldier, Civil War and Far From Home above Ragnarok.

Maybe even Homecoming and Black Panther

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Already mentioned that Guardians 2 & Ragnarok are my top 2, but I'll throw out that my top 5 is probably rounded out by Guardians 1, Black Panther, & Iron Man 3.

A case could be made for Endgame edging out IM3, but the surprising rewatchability of IM3 makes me not wanna say so until Endgame's been out for a few years. (I've considered putting Ragnarok above Guardians 2 for that same rewatchability reason, but the story of Guardians 2 speaks to me more than any comic book film outside of Spider-Verse, so gun held to my head, it's still #1.) I will say, which I know I've said before, Endgame is probably the Marvel Studios film that benefits the most from being a Marvel Studios film.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Guardians 2 has the most heart.

8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Endgame is still my #1, but Guardians 2, Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, and Far From Home kinda round out my top 5

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The top 5 are Ragnarok, Winter Soldier, Guardians 1, Endgame, Black Panther

GrantCloud and Whalejaw like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

top 5 gotta be (vaguely in order) black panther, last 2 caps, gotg1, and endgame. endgame being the only one i'm not 100% on

11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Infinity War/Endgame is easily the peak of the MCU for me and kinda doubt they'll top it.

Guardians, Ragnarok and Civil War probably round out my top 5.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

What about least favorites? Mine are easily Thor 2 and Iron Man 2

13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

My bottom 3 are Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, and Thor: The Dark World

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

When Someone calls a different movie than Ragnarok their favorite MCU film:
    [​IMG]

Henry, RyanPm40, Anthony_ and 2 others like this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

When you rank Ragnarok against Infinity War/Endgame.
    672FE9FE-82E9-4328-B54F-25A7F90729C3.gif

Zach likes this.
  16. Greg

Favorites probably should be different

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Incredible Hulk is definitely the bottom for me. I don’t think I’ve seen that one more than once. And I can agree with iron man 2. I actually liked Thor 2 but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it so not sure if it holds up for me

18. Anthony_

Thor 1 is the worst MCU film. It's unbearably boring to me. I find Thor 2 slightly better, but just barely.

Wild how the best MCU film and the worst MCU film are both from the same sub-franchise.

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The first two Thor movies were better than the first Captain America movie.

20. Greg

Nah. Although, I did at one point think Thor was better than CA:TFA. But over time and the growth of Cap from Winter Soldier on, TFA has grown more enjoyable. Thor has gotten less enjoyable or at least only maintained.

21. Anthony_

CA:TFA is way more fun of a movie than Thor 1 will ever be. And Evans just really had all the charm and charisma from the get-go whereas it took Hemsworth a while to really find those elements in himself and his performance. Whedon brought a lot of it out of him in Avengers 1 but then it kind of receded again for a while until Taika got his hands on him. He's been great ever since.

justin. and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Idk, I was just so bored during Captain America haha. I kept finding myself drifting in and out. It took me years to finally watch Thor 1 and 2 (I think last year is when I finally took the plunge), and while the writing was pretty bad at times, I was still way more entertained

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The tone & aesthetic of Cap 1 is pretty perfect. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but an Invaders film by Joe Johnston set during the war montage would be dope.

justin., oakhurst and Greg like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

First 2 Thor movies made Idris Elba boring which should be an executable offense

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You could tell he hated it too