Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 121

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

(I like the sitcom & the black & white elements more, but referencing the comic costume is still super fun.)

scottlechowicz likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The bits from Falcon and Winter Solider looked great as well. Marvel Studios is going to treat us nicely with these shows.

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I feel like this didn't show enough to really get anyone's hopes up already? But looks cool anyways. Still have no idea what to expect out of WandaVision

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Introducing the Time Variance Authority opens up so many possible story connections, really can’t wait to see what they do with that

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Tim

coleslawed and oakhurst like this.
  6. RyanPm40

Super cool. Got the guy who worked on Endgame, LOTR, etc

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

That’s one of my favorite series on YouTube rn.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

Same, I've been watching that or the stuntmen react series every week for months now

9. justin. Feb 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So the new Morbius plot leak definitely has this taking place in the MCU

Toomes is Michael’s cellmate and jokes about how being blipped could technically give him a shorter sentence. The Spider-Man outfit in the film is actually the Homecoming outfit (it was edited to not look that way in the trailer).
    Toomes and Scorpion also break out of prison.

10. Tim

If Morbius isn’t produced by Kevin Feige, then Morbius isn’t in the MCU until Kevin Feige says so. They’re two separate continuities that share certain films but otherwise don’t mention each other.

It’s like how Batman: Year One is in the same continuity as The Dark Knight Returns, & also The Long Halloween, & also Batman: Year Two, but those aren’t necessarily connected to each other.

4C146984-4E17-4E62-A3DA-0D2CD558EF7D.jpeg

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It will basically be how the Netflix shows were. They technically took place in the MCU but are not canon to the films.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Tim

Arguably Agents of SHIELD, too.

On that note, I recently had the thought that, when Jeph Loeb fully transitions out of Marvel, Sony should bring him on as a producer for their Marvel films. He’s got some good experience telling fun stories along the edges of the not-quite-canon MCU.

13. Tim

In other Sony “news”/rumors...

My third favorite Spider-hero & a top ten Marvel hero. Please happen. Either w/ the classic costume done as well as ASM2 did Spidey, or do that redesign from the Hopeless/Rodriguez run.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Tim

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

He hasn't worked for them in 5 years according to his IMDB. Not sure why people are expecting them to cover the costs if they're even aware. He's done plenty of work for other companies since then, why weren't they named in that headline?

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

because comicbook.com

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

because Marvel has a trillion dollars

Tim likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

And that means they should cover the mortgage of anyone who's ever worked for them that dies?

19. Nathan

You a Bloomberg guy?

spiffa0 likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

21. Nathan

my mistake. I guess I just feel like when someone who worked for you dies suddenly and tragically, and you have infinitely more money than all your below the line workers will ever make in all their lifetimes combined, you can pitch in a little bit to help.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Sure, it would be great if they did. Maybe they will, maybe they aren't aware someone that worked for them years ago died.

23. brentkid

Regular

I mean the threshold for how large a company needs to be that could afford to donate money in these sort of scenarios is much smaller that Marvel... I get the sentiment but holding Marvel's feet to the fire just because they're exceptionally large doesn't really matter. Five years ago is a pretty large margin of responsibility to say that any company should chip in for instances of untimely death. And like @SmithBerryCrunch is saying, it's very likely anyone at Marvel that could make that decision is even aware of the former employee's passing..

24. Nathan

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So his brother, the creator of Rocket Raccoon receives compensations and will for the foreseeable future, but he, who didn’t create the character, is in debt because he built his brother a very large and expensive home.

Should Marvel increase their compensation to Bill so he can pay for his brother’s debt or should Marvel pay for the debt of someone who didn’t work for them? What would you do if you were Marvel?

RyanPm40 likes this.