Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 117

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t mind Guardians 2 but I definitely enjoy the first more.

As for villains

Thanos
    Mysterio
    Vulture
    Loki
    Zemo

in that order

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

black panther soundtrack elite

coleslawed likes this.
  3. I'd probably like GOTG2 much more if they toned down the forced humor, every character suddenly felt like a caricature, which distracted me from the main theme and the character growth.

4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Guardians 2 is fantastic and better than the first in every way besides the humor

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

You spelt Guardians 1 wrong.

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I want a lego infinity saga game that lets you play through all 22 movies

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

this hit me like a gut punch

Greg likes this.
  8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

He betrayed and murdered the director of the Force Awakens. He turned on Star Wars.

9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Guardians 2 isn't perfect but it's definitely in the top tier of Marvel films. There are definitely a good amount of worse films in the MCU

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. socklord

Trusted

“It isn’t perfect” and “There are definitely worse films in the MCU” do not, at all, convince me that it’s a top tier MCU film lol

phaynes12 likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

That's fair. I do feel like it's in the top half for me :shrug:.

I liked it more than Cap 1, Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 3 (still haven't seen 2), Captain Marvel, FFH and Age of Ultron.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't think it's a better movie than the first GOTG but I think I enjoy it more tbh

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The first GOTG has a great first half but I don’t care for the second half.

14. socklord

Trusted

There are 23 MCU films and you liking it more than the seven you mentioned makes it a top tier MCU film for you?

Don’t get me wrong, I have zero problem with you liking it. I happen to enjoy parts of it too. I just think your reasoning for considering it a top tier MCU film is strange

phaynes12 likes this.
  15. socklord

Trusted

My only complaint about the first GOTG film is the corny friendship ending where they all hold hands to harness the power of the stone. It’s so drawn out and painful to watch at times

16. The humor in GOTG2 is pretty ineffective, but it's still a beautiful, daring and character-focused film that spent no time teasing next films and concentrated on telling a moving story instead.

It's definitely top-tier MCU for me. The ending with Cat Stevens playing just hits home hard.

17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Ego is infinitely more interesting as a villain than Ronan, the characters actually develop and we get more insight into Gamora and Nebula's relationship (which is possibly the most interesting relationship in the MCU), it looks gorgeous, and the general focus on family and what that actually means gives what would have probably otherwise been a very disjointed movie with two or three entirely disconnected stories a nice sense of cohesion. Guardians 1 is funnier for sure, but I'll take Guardians 2 over it any day

18. RyanPm40

Also a fair point. I was just rattling off what comes to mind, didn't go scrolling through all the movies. And for the record, I did still enjoy some of the movies on that list I did give. Really enjoyed Captain Marvel, just not quite as much as GOTG2

socklord likes this.
  19. socklord

Trusted

I need to watch Captain Marvel again sometime. Watched it once and thought it was good, but it doesn't stand out a whole lot to me when looking at all the MCU films

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

there’s about 15 of these movies i couldn’t imagine ever watching more than the one time in the theater

21. socklord

Trusted

This is pretty much where I'm at. I had seen maybe a third of the movies before going on an MCU-marathon in Nov/Dec and finally watching all of them. There are about eight or nine that I liked, a few that I thought were okay, and the rest I can't fathom watching again

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The only MCU films I wouldn’t enjoy watching on a big screen again are

Iron Man 2
    Thor: The Dark World
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Ant-Man
    Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Captain Marvel

23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'd say the MCU is about 50/50 between movies I really like and would definitely watch again and movies I have absolutely 0 interest in ever seeing again

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The only mcu films I don’t mind not watching again are

The Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Iron Man 3
    Thor: The Dark World
    Guardians Vol 2
    Ant-Man & Wasp
    Captain Marvel

7/22 that I don’t like much isn’t a bad ratio at all

25. Also GOTG2 is a good case of a self-contained story that still has major bigger picture impact.

Nebula and Gamora making amends and Rocket realizing how Quill and co. are his family all elevated the emotional stakes of Infinity War and Endgame.