Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 109

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

On the one hand, Disney's billion dollar franchises encroaching on more territory where other kinds of films can find an audience isn't good. On the other hand, I'd rather see a Marvel or a Star War that I enjoy get honored for being good at what it was going for than see another Green Book win.

The whole "popular films" idea sounded bad to me, but that general idea of having best pictures w/in multiple categories would honestly probably be dope if done right.

awakeohsleeper and TEGCRocco like this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Feige confirmed that She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight will appear in films after their Disney+ introductions.

SpyKi and ugman_2000 like this.
  3. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

That's awesome, I'm glad Ms. Marvel will eventually be making to the big screen.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Speaking as someone who loves the MCU movies, I don't think there's ever been an awards-worthy performance in any of them. Someone correct me if I'm forgetting something but I don't think I am.

RyanPm40 and Kyle Max like this.
  5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Downey Jr in the first Iron Man maaaaaybe, but other than that no.

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Chadwick Boseman is a very very good actor and on a technical level his T’Challa is probably the best MCU performance since RDJ. Holland is good. I like Michael B. Jordan in Black Panther a lot and Ruffalo in the first Avengers quite a bit. Rooker in GOTG2. Awards caliber? Don’t know if I’d go that far but as deserving as Rami Malek or Gary Oldman’s caricatures probably.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Endgame won ‘Film of 2019’ for People’s Choice Awards

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what is that supposed to mean

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Nothing in particular but it was announced today and I thought it was relevant to this discussion.

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I’ve never paid attention to those & feel good about that [people’s] choice, but I do like that Zendaya apparently won one category for Far From Home & another for Euphoria.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

justin. likes this.
  12. phaynes12

is that real? who the hell is boss logic lol

13. phaynes12

i am the dumbest boy alive

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It isn't haha

15. phaynes12

16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hmmm just watched the deleted scene from Endgame on Disney+ after Tony snaps and meets Katherine Langford. Execution was not gr8

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. Cmoney86

Trusted

did they finally add it without the commentary

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah I don't know if it's just because that was an early take and they knew it was gonna get scrapped, but yeah the chemistry just was not there at all. Honestly the scene might have worked better if it was her as a little girl or her way older as a "look at the life I got to live because of you" kind of thing

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Well...hence why it was cut lol

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally re-watched Endgame, first time since seeing it in theaters once. I forgot how much humor they worked into it tbh.

I've been laughing randomly at the thought of Thor's "Of course, of course...of course" scene at the end with Quill lol

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. Cmoney86

Trusted

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

602E7CFF-A513-4FE5-8A71-A087E06AEB16.jpeg

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I can wait another 5 - 6 years before a major crossover film is made. I want to see how well Blade, X-Men, F4 and Shang Chi hold their own films in the MCU. I don't want their first films to be focused on building a larger world other than their world.

RyanPm40 likes this.