Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 108

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Scorsese is right!

gonz (Alex) and Jason Tate like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Stoked that the shows and the films will finally be actually affecting one another and have characters crossing over. Been too long that they’ve been totally separate. Although I personally don’t know why this is news considering the shows and movies were given equal placement on the roadmap and Feige made things like WandaVision directly leading into Strange 2 clear at the time.

coleslawed and Joe4th like this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There will also be countless YouTube videos highlighting the 12 important things (and clips) to take from WandaVision and Loki before watching Doctor Strange 2

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I mean there are so many ways to get the relevant info if you don't want to watch the shows. It's really a non-issue.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Exactly. The biggest take aways I get from this will be more jobs, a variety in storytelling and a diversity of writers/directors (depending on who writes and directs different “episodes” in the shows).

Anthony_ likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yet they're still not giving the UK a Disney+ release date...

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I always thought a lot of people’s complaints were that the shows didn’t tie in to the movies so I figured people would like that they finally will. I’m excited.

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

awakeohsleeper and GBlades like this.
  9. drewinseries

Drew

Man a dream would be to have shows instead of movies, and the movies are only massive team ups. It would be great to get a season worth of character development for this characters. While teasing the big bad in them leading up to a big movie.

Jdaniels likes this.
  10. Cmoney86

Trusted

So Disney put nominations in for a bunch of people from endgame for the Oscars

11. drewinseries

Drew

I mean, I loved the movie. But I don't think anyones performance is Oscar worthy.

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

At most I would say RDJ is the most deserving of a nomination, but since then I've definitely seen at least five other performances that are more deserving of a nom.

drewinseries likes this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

nominate thanos

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't get why people think RDJ is such a great actor tbh. I think there are plenty in the MCU who are just as good if not better. Like, don't get me wrong, he's good and I really liked him as Stark, but idk.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

RDJ 100 percent does not merit an Oscar nod, especially this year with such a strong slate.

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah... I think I'm just gonna treat Endgame as the finale of the MCU unless a movie I specifically really want to see comes out. It was a really fun run but I don't really feel like keeping up anymore lol

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I love Endgame, but the only justification for Oscar noms outside of technical awards I could see is a pseudo-"lifetime" award. Like RDJ getting it more for his performance as Tony over the last 11 years. But there have been so many good performances this year that I can't fathom it going to any of the performances in Endgame

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I would like RDJ to get a nom as a celebration of the 11 years he was Tony. He was the first that got it going and now it’s the biggest franchise of all time and has impacted how studios approach big franchises.

20. Nathan

Okay, so give him a Marvel award or something. I support genre fare being taken seriously at award shows, most of it is usually around as good as the more “serious” dramas that get nominated, but push for good genre fare.

Like, can you imagine thinking Brie Larson (one of the best actresses currently working) deserves any serious consideration for an Oscar for her work in Endgame? Or Chris Hemsworth in a fat suit or Mark Ruffalo in CGI glasses? It’s okay for a movie to just be the most financially successful movie of all time, we don’t have to also pretend it’s the peak of artistic cinematic achievement.

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't really care that much 'cause, like, who actually looks to the Oscars for the best of film? For what those awards represent in my eyes, throwing RDJ some nomination just for how iconic his Tony Stark has been for Hollywood would be fine. I'd certainly take that before a dang Joker nom, lol.

But, yeah, seeing that full list is hilarious. Renner? Saldana & Larson? Come on. If they insist, they should've just picked one person to try to sneak in, just 'cause. At least they thought to go for Supporting instead of pushing someone for Lead?

Though, now I'm trying to think what the actual current landscape looks like. Who are the frontrunners at the moment? I feel like I'm so disconnected from that scene that I literally don't know what films are in that legitimate conversation right now.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. Nathan

I’ve missed a lot this year but personally would be invested in a Dafoe supporting win.

coleslawed and Tim like this.
  23. Nathan

And obviously the Oscars themselves aren’t an arbiter if the true best achievements in film for every year. But lots of people still view them that way, and Endgame nominations in prestige categories would hurt any attempt to reflect that.

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I mean, is RDJ getting a best supporting actor nod anymore discrediting of the Oscars than Green Book actually winning best picture or Bohemian winning best editing?

25. Nathan

No but what you’re arguing for if that’s your argument is for the pool to be diluted even moreso