Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 107

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Kinda sucks because I think some of the shows made by Marvel TV were quite better than many films in the MCU, but whatever

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Jdaniels likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wow, that's huge. Sounds like much of the publishing structure will remain in tact, but I'm gonna be super curious what long-term effects this will have on the comics end. Especially w/ the weird, haphazard place the mainstream comic industry as a whole has been in for years publishing wise.

4. RyanPm40

Wow I somehow missed the comic books part of that announcement, interesting.

5. Tim

CB Cebulski, Sana Amanat, & the rest of editorial is still in place, so don't expect Feige to, like, head up the next Amazing Spider-Man storyline or whatever. Short term, nothing is likely to change. The only thing I see happening any time soon is the publishing side having an in to Marvel Studios' plans, allowing them to coordinate relevant new comics & collections better.

Five years from now, though? With the way the American mainstream comic shop industry has just kinda... hung on for years? Especially w/ questions about how the AT&T Time Warner merger will affect DC Comics long term? Bookstores outselling comic shops in 2019? Everything is uncertain &... interesting.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. Tim

Something I haven't really seen discussed: This is former Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada's current title.

I double checked to make sure I didn't forget some recent restructuring or something, & this is his current Twitter bio:
    51CACFAA-FE99-4463-88C7-26A5BCB6DEC9.jpeg

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think Marvel Entertainment is “a thing” now. I think it’s under Marvel Studios. That guy probably just hasn’t updated his twitter info recently, considering 5/6 of those shows are cancelled.

8. Tim

"Marvel Entertainment, LLC" is the name of Marvel as an overall business entity. Comics, films, television, merchandise, etc...

Also, no offense, but do you know who Joe Quesada is? 'Cause "that guy" is a funny way to describe possibly the most important figure to Marvel Comics in the 21st century, lol.

coleslawed and TEGCRocco like this.
  9. RyanPm40

Sounds like a third Ant Man film has been confirmed, eyeing to begin filming Summer 2021

Anthony_, Maverick and PauLo like this.
  10. PauLo

43% Burnt

*Paul Rudd dancing gif*

coleslawed and slimfenix182 like this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I hope they just add another character's name to the title. Ant-Man, The Wasp, and Stature

13. RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Tim

Thank goodness my history as a comic book reader makes me chill about jumping into these kinda stories not knowing everything, 'cause this is sounding more & more tedious to me.

According to Bloomberg, "If you want to understand everything in future Marvel movies, [Feige] says, you’ll probably need a Disney+ subscription, because events from the new shows will factor into forthcoming films such as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The Scarlet Witch will be a key character in that movie, and Feige points out that the Loki series will tie in, too."

“I’m not sure we’ve actually acknowledged that before,” Feige shared. “But it does.”

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  15. :eyeroll:

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

ok that's bullshit

17. PauLo

43% Burnt

Like that. Having it as one big interconnected universe that’s all meshing together is hella exciting for me. It’s pretty much what I’ve wanted from the beginning, so for me, it’s perfect.

18. Maverick

Trusted

I’ll be ok with it if the shows are actually really good, otherwise ugh.

19. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I thought that was a given? They're treating the shows just like the movies.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’ll give all of the shows a chance but if one of them ends up being boring I’ll just Wiki the plot before I watch a film that it ties into.

Zach likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

very dumb lol

22. Tim

It kinda was, but the extent to which the Disney+ shows are described as essential is new. Like, when "phase 3" or whatever was announced, I seem to recall the relationship between WandaVision & Doctor Strange 2 being described in looser terms, like, the Disney+ show would give you a deeper understanding of the movie but not be part of the same story.

Now, it sounds like they're expecting everyone to watch both WandaVision & Loki (ew, are they using that to reboot & reintroduce the character?) beforehand. Doctor Strange 2, of all films, shouldn't have more build up than the first Avengers film.

Honestly, the more I think about this, the happier I am that Thor's arc through Infinity War & Endgame totally clashed w/ his arc in Ragnarok. If we're 100% in the comic book territory of writers doing whatever they want w/ these characters w/out worrying about if it all really lines up, awesome, 'cause my four-color costumed adventures shouldn't require calculus-level homework.

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

If they’re going to be that important then they should just be films.

24. Even seeing all the films isn't that important. It's just a marketing ploy.

Zach and coleslawed like this.
  25. PauLo

43% Burnt

I'm glad i'm not as cynical as you guys haha