Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 105

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Incredible news

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Four MCU films in one year just sounds so very exhausting, my gosh.

After being so happy when the original deal was struck those years ago, it feels weird being more disappointed than excited by this. Especially since, even w/out Feige & the MCU, not much will be that different about the next film. But here I am, more interested in the Morbius film that doesn't actually look that promising than I am for the next Spider-Man film.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Marvel and Sony certainly know how to play the news cycles for extra publicity

Jdaniels likes this.
  5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

When the news broke, I saw a comment or tweet or something that said something like "I'm so happy that Spider-Man is gonna stay intimately connected to the MCU" completely genuinely and that made me kinda sad that this deal happened again. I'm happy for people that love this version of Spider-Man, and I like him a lot more than some of the other people here, but I was pretty excited for him to completely break away from the MCU. Hopefully Feige wasn't just blowing smoke when he said that spiel about Peter being his own man going forward

RyanPm40 and Tim like this.
  6. PauLo

43% Burnt

8 hours of film in 365 days HOW WILL WE SURVIVE

smowashere, RyanPm40 and Anthony_ like this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

2 hours at a time

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Also like 4 of the D+ TV shows that year

9. PauLo

43% Burnt

Sounds bloody good to me!

10. Tim

I mean, I'm not anti-Marvel Studios. If I had a favorite comic book films list, Kevin Feige would have a strong presence, both among MCU films (Guardians 1 & 2, Ragnarok, Endgame, Black Panther, etc.) & non-MCU films (Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, X2, Punisher: War Zone). I'm incredibly excited for Thor 4 & Eternals.

But, like, it'd be nice to keep getting variety in films based on Marvel IP.

Next year, if New Mutants actually happens, 60% of the Marvel films will have nothing to do w/ Marvel's The Avengers. That's probably the last year we'll ever get to say that. The following year, we're getting 4 Marvel films w/ Feige & Disney's fingers in them, plus multiple Feige/Disney shows. And, a Feige/Disney Star Wars film is in development. It's... kind of a lot, man. *shrug*

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I can live with most Marvel movies having Disney/Feige in control if they start veering away from everything needing to be SO connected like they seem to feel Spider-Man needs to be. Biggest one for me is X-Men. Besides Wolverine and more recently Beast, the mutants have never really had much to do with the rest of the Marvel universe outside of crossover events and I'd very much prefer for them to keep it that way on screen.

12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. PauLo

43% Burnt

Too late for the TV show characters we actually wanted to see crossover that have already been cancelled.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Runaways and Cloak & Dagger would still be cool

coleslawed likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It doesn’t mean Feige can’t bring in those characters (with the same actors) into new projects

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I'll be more on board for Spidey 3 in the MCU if they bring back D'onofrio's Kingpin for it

17. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’ll be more on board for Spidey 3 if they pretend Tony doesn’t exist and drop all his tech stuff.

Which isn’t gonna happen.

18. Maverick

Trusted

I hope they learn not to lean on the MCU’s properties too much. Enough of Tony Stark and the skrulls, Spidey is growing he should start being independent. I wouldn’t mind on a cameo from someone but it should be inessential, like maybe Happy visiting May or something like that.

RyanPm40 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

AA4060EE-C75F-4588-A6F2-52E241F2C371.jpeg

Jdaniels and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

We don’t deserve him

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Based

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. Cmoney86

Trusted

The infinity saga will be released it all 4K November 15th and cost 549$

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I saw Endgame again recently on a flight and loved it just as much as the first time. The big fight scene just fills me with so much joy and hype.

Anthony_ and awakeohsleeper like this.
  24. Driving2theBusStation Oct 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 6, 2019)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Is the plan to do MCU Spider-Man trilogy, then bring him back for the Avengers and some more cameos and Sony also has Holland for their own trilogy/Spidey EU?

25. Tim

From what I can tell, at the end of the current contract, what we'll have is...

• 3 Tom Holland Spider-Man films, produced by Kevin Feige & set in the MCU, but officially released by Sony.
    • Appearances in Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame, & 1 more upcoming Disney Marvel Studios film (I'm thinking/hoping Fantastic Four, especially if his character arc really is moving towards more independence; an Avengers film wouldn't shock me but ain't something I personally want).
    • A separate shared cinematic universe, fully belonging to Sony, consisting of Venom, Morbius, Venom 2, & whatever else ends up getting made. A Spider-Man played by Tom Holland will be able to appear in those films, probably along w/ other Sony characters in the Kevin Feige Spider-Man films. However, whether any actually continuity will exist between, say, Civil War & Venom, or Endgame & Morbius, will probably remain conveniently ambiguous & not directly addressed in the films.
    Until new details surface, I'm treating Sony's Venom, etc., universe as being related to Marvel Studios in the vague, unreciprocated way that, say, Agents of SHIELD or Jessica Jones was. As for how, say, Homecoming & Venom's continuities intersect, I'd view it like some of the vague DC continuities. Like, how The Long Halloween is built as a sequel to Batman: Year One, but Batman: Year Two also exists, but then the other Frank Miller Batman comics also treat Year One as canon while ignoring both of those other books.

smowashere likes this.