Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 104

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Dark Phoenix is better than probably half of the MCU

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You must really dislike the MCU

Zach likes this.
  3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

No, I just think the MCU has a ton of forgettable/bland movies and Dark Phoenix, for all its flaws, is more engaging to me than stuff like First Avenger, Doctor Strange, the first two Thors etc.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man lol

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think The First Avenger is the worst film in the MCU tbh (bearing in mind I'm not including Hulk or IM2 because I never saw those)

The first two Thor movies were total messes but they held my attention more

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think Dark Phoenix is good. It could have better but it's better than both Apocalypse and First Class.

TEGCRocco likes this.
  7. [​IMG]

phaynes12 and slimfenix182 like this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I definitely don't cosign some of these statements, but I'm nonetheless here for Dark Phoenix love invading this thread. My hottest take on that note is Dark Phoenix > Far From Home, which is a truth that brings my Mysterio-shirt-wearing self no joy.

thenewmatthewperry and ECV like this.
  9. I'd also say I like Dark Phoenix more than almost half the MCU. Not quite above FFH, though.

TEGCRocco likes this.
  10. Dodge725

Trusted

I think the Denzel as Magento casting could be interesting if they make Jim Crowe the period where he learned to hate humanity instead of the Holocaust. I know it’s not traditional, but after seeing two versions of the character really nail it, I’m all for a new interpretation.

thenewmatthewperry and Dodger like this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

On a late note, Far From Home passed Captain Marvel at the worldwide box office last weekend.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh I didn't realize the Deadpool movies counted as X-Men movies, I've seen both of those

they're overrated though

Zach and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. RyanPm40

They're not very well-written, but they're entertaining enough where I have a blast watching them anyways. I think Ryan Reynolds is the main reason for that though.

14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The first one is way overrated. I love the second one though and think it has a way better grasp on the character than the first one's "lol look how RANDOM and QUIRKY Deadpool is"

15. RyanPm40

Huh, I'm curious what you think they did differently with the character in the second movie that makes you think that? Any examples come to mind?

16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The first one felt like it existed solely to relish in it being an R-rated superhero comedy, and the more human elements of Deadpool really got left by the wayside and are only sort of hinted at for a little bit in the second act. The second one focuses a lot more on Wade's humanity and actually takes his character seriously as opposed to him just being a vehicle to deliver 4th wall breaks and meta-commentary. There was definitely still a lot of it, but it was balanced more. Like the scene where Wade and the kid get arrested. Between all the jokes he makes about the kid's name and playing up the whole "joining the X-Men" gimmick, he shows genuine concern for the kid who was obviously abused.

AndrewSoup, Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

I hope it’s Reyes. Gabriel Luna will have a big screen boost from the new Terminator film too.

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

I guess the show isn’t going ahead at all

21. RyanPm40

I don't think anyone thought it was at this point? People think it's because a movie is being planned instead.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

FlayedManOfSF and Anthony_ like this.
  23. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

25. Hope there's a clause that forbids Marvel from ridiculous scenes like the drone strike one.

RyanPm40, Tim and Jason Tate like this.