Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie • Page 102

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

DAMMIT ALL TO HELL.

I wanted this to be Milana's big role.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

He also played Malcom X who the character of Magneto was partially based on.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  7. That would be interesting. I assume they would have to change the traditional backstory for Magneto.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

At this point his background would need to be changed due to how long ago the Holocaust occurred unless he ages slowly. Magneto is one of my favorite comic characters and Fassbender leaves big shoes to fill but if Marvel is able to get Denzel then that would be something.

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Interesting....I've always liked his origin story as a Holocaust survivor so that kind of bugs me, but Denzel would obviously crush the role.

Also does make sense about the age thing, even if they aged him down to like 5-6 and made it 1945, dude would be 90 years old in 2020.

justin. likes this.
  10. We already have the opening of the 2000 X-Men movie, which is so good that I'm ok if they don't try to do it over again.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it fair to say that is the best scene in that entire trilogy? Because I fucking loved that scene haha

12. Could be. That scene has always stuck with me and remains one of the most effective scenes showcasing a superpower in these kinds of movies.

David87 likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There has also been speculation about Giancarlo Esposito. He would be the perfect Professor X to Denzel's Magneto.

slimfenix182 and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Who is Mikey Sutton and what makes his Ant-Man post credible?

I'd definitely be cool with a miniseries though. The Ant-Man movies are great

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Denzel as Magneto or whatever is such a dumb idea, lol. Being a German Jew is fundamental to the character. What a ridiculous Internet rumor/theory.

Just make incredibly iconic, regularly sidelined in films, recurring comics team leader Storm the leader in the reboot, you morons.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

100% down for Giancarlo to play literally any role in the MCU tho

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Fair point. I was too busy thinking about the holocaust issue to think about what it would mean to strip Magneto of his German/Jewish heritage.

Would would you think is the best route to take regarding the holocaust if the MCU dives into it? The character aging slowly? His grandparents being killed in the holocaust? Growing up in Germany in a Post-WWI era as a Jew and facing discrimination?

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

As much as I love Magneto, I'm not sure the reboot should even use him any time soon. If you want an ambiguous recurring hero/villain, use Emma Frost instead.

That being said, when Magneto does inevitably return, I think just saying his magnetic mutation slows his aging is fine. I used to think we'd eventually have to look him be retconned into someone born of holocaust survivors, but like, this is the franchise w/ Wolverine. And, I think him having seen the holocaust w/ his own eyes is too important a character motivation.

justin., David87 and coleslawed like this.
  20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Honestly just saying mutants in general age slower because of some "next step in human evolution, they can live longer" hand-wavey explanation is more than fine.

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’d be ok with this but I actually want someone to do Cyclops right first.

Lenin and TEGCRocco like this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Cyclops should definitely be the leader of the group after being replaced by Wolverine in the original films and not even being in the original line up in the prequels.

Lenin and TEGCRocco like this.
  23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, if any "incredibly iconic, recurring comics team leader" was sidelined in the movies, it really wasn't Storm

24. Storm got shafted y’all crazy.

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Everyone except Wolverine got shafted in the first 3 films

Lenin likes this.