Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is an American media franchise and shared fictional universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, independently produced by Marvel Studios and based on characters that appear in publications by Marvel Comics. The franchise has expanded to include comic books, short films, and television series. The shared universe, much like the original Marvel Universe in comic books, was established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters.

2. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

have they casted Captain Marvel yet? to hell with Ant-Man 2 and Spider-Man: the Third Generation, i just want Carol Danvers!! Really looking forward to Ryan Coogler's work with Black Panther too!

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

There are new rumors every few months it seems, but nothing publically confirmed yet. In fact, it's been awhile. Someone new should be getting rumored any day now.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Nope. They seem to announce their casting as soon as it's confirmed, and there haven't even been recent rumors. We're also still 3 years removed from that film, though. I understand; I'm hyped, too!

I'm excited for Ant-Man and the Wasp because I think they're really going to correct course with that one. This is a dumb and unworthy excuse, sure, but Edgar Wright's version of Ant-Man supposedly had even less Wasp in it. They probably thought meta-commentary would be enough in the rewrites (it wasn't), and adding her to the title implies she'll be very significant this time around.

Black Panther is my most anticipated Marvel film right now.

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So far, the domains registered for the Spider-Man film get a huge. OOF.

• SpiderManComingOfAgeMovie.com - Spider-Man: Coming of Age
    • SpiderManGreatnessAwaitsMovie.com - Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits
    • SpiderManSuspendedMovie.com - Spider-Man: Suspended
    • Spider-Man: Homecoming

6. Tim

What were the leaked BvS names, and were any right? I forget.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

All of those Spider-Man titles are pretty awful. Just use Spectacular Spider-Man if you don't want to go plain Spider-Man.

8. Tim

I'd hate that. "Spider-Man: [subtitle]" is the best approach. Just need a good subtitle, lol.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just call it Spidey.

10. Tim

I wouldn't... hate this.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Haha. I mean, the latest book is covering exactly the same period of time, so why not? It's not the best name, but it sets it apart from what we already know and gives it a younger feel. People know it is going to be a Spider-Man film, so the title is kind of a moot point. Have fun with it.

12. Webhead.

13. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

The Spider-Man

14. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Spiderman, with zero hyphenation just to piss of Dan Slott.

15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

hear me out here....... Spectacular Spider-Man.
    boom.

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Dawn of the Spider-Man

ChaseTx and AndrewSoup like this.
  17. Guys Named Todd Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

Watch them drop Spider Verse on us and blow everyone's mind.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Please no.

I wonder if Sony owns rights to the whole Spider-Verse or if characters like Silk would be fair game.

19. Cloak and Dagger series greenlit for Freeform (formerly ABC Family)

US Camera likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Wait, what? That sounds questionable there.

21. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I just came here to post this. Not sure how I feel about it being in Freeform but I'm excited nonetheless

22. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Apparently Gambit isn't getting made either

23. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Benedict Cumberbatch will be premiering the Dr. Strange trailer Tuesday (4/12) on Jimmy Kimmel

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Cloak and Dagger series, cool. A little weary about the network choice, but we'll see.

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yeah thought Freeform was an interesting choice. Maybe it will fit well with the new Mortal Instrument series that they are airing.