Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel Announces New Iron Man

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Time has announced that Riri Williams will be taking over the Iron Man suit for Tony Stark.

Riri is a science genius who enrolls in MIT at the age of 15. She comes to the attention of Tony when she builds her own Iron Man suit in her dorm. Creator and Iron Man writer Brian Michael Bendis spoke exclusively to Time about the creation of Riri Williams with book artist Stefano Caselli and Marvel’s increasingly diverse cast of characters.

[​IMG]

Tim likes this.
  2. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Hard hitting opinion: I feel like with that much hair it would be difficult to get the helmet on.

3. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I'm not a fan of the name Riri, but I'll check his out. Never was a Tony Stark fan so it'll be cool to see someone els take over.

4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Is this in preparation for Robert Downey Jr. to step down from the rolein the movies? Obviously that will have to happen sometime but that will be a sad, sad day. Iron Man is my favorite movie super hero basically just because of how he plays the role, so I hope he hangs onto it for a while.

Raku likes this.
  5. shawnhyphenray

Regular

nope.

6. Kizwiz

Regular

I don't really buy the idea of a 15 year old genius building their own iron main suit in their dorm. i mean, the 15 year old genius is more than plausible but just makes it almost feels "gimmicky" to take the genius away from Tony Stark (who RDJ excels at portraying) to a kid.

Raku likes this.
  7. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I guess the M.O. at Marvel right now is to change every hero's identity. Jane Foster is still Thor, Amadeus Cho is still Hulk, X-23 is still Wolverine, Sam Wilson is still the main Captain America, and now Riri is gonna be Iron (wo)Man.

I'm also surprised that Xavier and Logan have stayed dead for so long. Ballsy.

...I also miss Otto being in control of Peter Parker's body. That storyline would fit right in in current Marvel. That shit was goooooood!

Raku likes this.
  8. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

which guy are they going to get to be Wonder Woman now?

9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

DC is actually going the exact opposite direction from Marvel right now, by bringing back some classic characters and returning a bunch of heroes back to familiar status quos.

RuckerPark likes this.
  10. Jacob Davidson

Regular

This can only go over extremely well.

11. So cool.

12. Liz

Ew, David

I think this is really awesome

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I love Tony Stark but this is awesome

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It's amazing what open source data and IP can facilitate. Think of it like current university students working on hyperloop pilot projects.