Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Martin Johnson Talks About New Music Project

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Martin Johnson spoke with Billboard about his new project The Night Game and the future of Boys Like Girls:

“I was trying to find love for music by making it for other people, and it wasn’t working for me,” he says. “You get older and it becomes about maintenance, maintaining what you’ve made in your life. I had to start almost completely from scratch and write a couple of very left-of-center, sad songs to help me discover what I wanted to say.”

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. aniafc

Trusted

"The past is fun, though" makes it sound like BLG is completely in the past. Hope that's not the case.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This is sick. Can't wait to hear the full album. I'm sure it won't be anywhere close to what bands like Hit the Lights put out, but I'm hoping it's decent @Jason Tate

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, Martin's never written a great hook. Haha

5. SLEEPOVERNY

One of the best sounding sets I've ever seen. And every song is a monster. Great fucking band.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The Outfield might be the most I've liked one of his songs since the first Boys Like Girls album honestly. Very excited to hear more from this band.

7. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

The first listen of the first release of The Night Game wasn't sold. This song is catchy, I keep coming back to it. Drop the top, turn it up loud and hit the gas. It fits in my Summer playlist.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.