Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Martha Drop Off Brand New Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Good for them. Martha and ONSIND always seem to have their priorities in place and what's more, they practice what they preach.

electro haikus likes this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This band/onsind is seriously so good and comprised of the coolest people

4. average2d

Jason,

I am done with you and your site and your groupthink and this fucking scene. I appreciate what you have created over the past few years, but as social justice takes over this place, I am just done. Been here since the beginning when it was just music but everything else is too extra for me now. I dont even think if I were a teenager now that I would be interested in this toxic scene. Good luck with everything, but I know a lot of people late 20s that are also bowing out. ✌️

AllenRicketts likes this.
  5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

lol bye

coleslawed, lish, Jamie Dagg and 2 others like this.
  6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

See ya.

7. "the scene is dead, long live the scene"

:eh:

lish, Turkeylegz and dylan like this.
  8. Chinesefood

Regular

Ya know, it'd be one thing entirely if people on this site were a little less fascist in their plight to purge the scene and promote awareness, but hey, at least their hearts are in the right place (?)

AllenRicketts likes this.
  9. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

lol @ rooting out sexual abusers being the toxic additive rather than the hazmat cleansing; your enabling ass will not be missed.

(double lol in light of Jesse’s admission tonight)

10. Chinesefood

Regular

Lol @ the pretentious, cringe-worthy usage of "lol @"
    Are you actually laughing out loud or are you incensed at somebody being uncomfortable using this site for music news?

11. Turkeylegz

Trusted

What a weird thing to push someone over the edge? I can't tell why this post or this situation would cause someone to leave this site? This post was objectively a music story.

Either way, I am 100% on board with some social justice and every bit of the editorials on this site. We have to be better as people. Good for Martha! I am going to dig into their work tonight!

12. It was never just the music.

People were hurt.

Jesse Lacey Releases a Statement • chorus.fm

13. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

How can someone be mad about social justice? It's in the fucking name. Social. Justice. It's a positive thing.

14. Chinesefood

Regular

You really don't get it? It's the suffocation. Good or bad, having an agenda crammed down your throat every 9 seconds is tiresome.

15. I hate justice crammed down my throat. How dare JUSTICE be a goal for anyone.

:eyeroll:

How does anyone type “good things being yelled to help people is annoying” with a straight face?

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Stating real news isn't a fucking agenda. It's just saying real things that happened in the music world, which a music news site should do.

But anyways- wanting the world to improve isn't a bad thing. Having that be your agenda is actually extremely good

17. Chinesefood

Regular

Relax, dude. Justice is obviously a good thing, but continue to pretend to not understand where I'm coming from if it helps.

18. I don’t understand where you’re coming from. What you’re saying is dumb.

19. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

I guess I've been away from most forums for long enough that I didn't realize social justice is becoming a politicized term. Which is ridiculous to me, but hey, 2017.

@Chinesefood , I think I know where you're coming from in the sense that things being pushed aggressively can be a major turn off. It's why I didn't watch Breaking Bad until 2015. But maybe an analogy will help you sympathize a bit more with what's going on here:

Can you imagine people in the 60's being like "God, I get what you're trying to do, but stop shoving your agenda of equal rights and basic human decency down my throat." That's how your post came off to me.

EDIT: And this is coming from a place of caring and genuinely hoping you'll at least entertain a different perspective. Not trying to be snarky or attack.

AshlandATeam and youwontknow like this.
  20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The original news post didn't even have any opinions in it. It's literally just a tweet regarding the relevant and factual news that an artist has decided to drop off the tour of a band popular to this site. It'd be weirder and sus if it wasn't posted about. What an odd hill to die on. Even if the original post did have an opinion inserted I don't think it's a big deal. My understanding is that this site is a place to try and avoid the toxicity so prevalent in this scene and has never claimed otherwise. If that's not ur jam, reddit will be there to welcome u with open arms.

21. Chinesefood

Regular

What a mild-mannered response. I absolutely understand where you're coming from, though I do wish this site was less in your face about its creator's ideals. Maybe Tate should hand the reins of this stupid site to you since you don't call people dumb like a 6 year old.

22. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

unfortunately, fixing these issues necessitates discussing them. if we can ever manage to get to a point where we can actually talk about fixing or mitigating the issues, rather than relitigating why we care about these things in the first place, perhaps the issues will subside, and you wouldn't be further inconvenienced by their discussion.

those of us trying to make a difference are often met with hostility in the form of "why do you care so much?" i care so much because of personal experiences with abuse. i care so much because of my family and friends' experiences with abuse. this is shit that affects people, and is consistently swept under the rug because most people can't be bothered to take a few minutes out of their day to think about it.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, people react in non mild-mannered ways because it's not really a mild-mannered issue. to put it bluntly, i don't give a fuck if it's in your face. it's in my life. if your reaction to "bands drop off shows with band fronted by dude who solicited nudes from minors" is along the lines of "i don't care, it doesn't affect me" and not "damn that's really sad, i wish we didn't live in a world like that", that's your burden to bear. skip the article. don't come for the people trying to raise awareness & fix it and tell them to be quiet.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Chinesefood

Regular

I was agreeing with that dude up there who seems to be ready to find a new outlet for music news. I would absolutely consider bailing on that tour, too. By definition, Jesse Lacey is a pedophile and a deviant. I guess we should've been a little more "sus" of the name of his third album.

Anyway, I commend all that Chorus has done to keep me safe. Let's hope that through tirelessly stifling other opinions online, even ones as harmless as preferring an agendaless music site, we can stop bad people from picking up guitars. While we're at it, if we silence enough people online, maybe we can cure every other field that exists on Earth?

I'm sorry. That was douchey. Idk... If it can be proven that this site and its inhabitants have made a significant difference in this shite world (besides 8 people boycotting a record label), I will donate everything I own to charity and live a minimalist existence under the bridge behind my house.

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Good luck finding a music news website that doesn't post news like this lol

mercury likes this.
  25. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

is it really that hard to just not read an article or a thread if you don't want to read it

Aaron Mook likes this.