Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marriage Story (Noah Baumbach, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by username, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Same. Really well crafted, strong performances, but it's a notch below other Baumbach for me.

OhTheWater likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Frances and mistress America still top it for me

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Aregala like this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The less time spent finding and reading random people shitting on things you enjoy on Twitter the better

4. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Mistress America gotta be one of the funniest movies of the decade imo

iCarly Rae Jepsen and TJ Wells like this.
  5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Greta and Noah should do another collaboration now.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Aregala like this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I rewatched Frances Ha just before this and I loved it even more than I remembered.

This was still easily my favourite film of his.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I wasn’t huge on Francis Ha either. Maybe I just don’t like his movies

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Frances Ha and Squid are probably my top two. This, Mistress America, and Kicking & Screaming in the next tier. I respect Margo but never want to watch it again. The rest is alright

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I’m not trying to find them, twitter’s algorithm dumps them into my feed and I don’t even follow the people tweeting. It sucks!

SpyKi and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Mistress America is our generation's Clueless

TJ Wells likes this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Not super familiar with Noah’s earlier work, so every time someone brings up Kicking and Screaming in this thread the Will Ferrell coaches a youth soccer team movie crosses my mind first.

That’s all I have to add here right now

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll update my verbiage to “dwelling on them” then, haha

It’s really hard not to sometimes though, I get that and am guilty of it myself.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Same haha

14. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

There are some movies where I'm pretty confident that the end product is quite good, but the subject matter makes me - in no way shape or form - want to engage with it.

As a child of divorce, and someone who super adores his wife, I think I'm good on this one – even with how much I love Baumbach and Driver.

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man wyd today

16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Mrplum5089 and Cameron like this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

@iCarly Rae Jepsen I both love and hate you for not warning me that Adam Driver would sing Being Alive in this because it RUINED ME.

CarpetElf and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The more I listen to him sing “Being Alive” the more I realize it’s kind of this plea for sincerity and it makes me even angrier at this shitty discourse.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wish the pie/rotisserie chicken scene was what was circulating out of context

but yeah like I imagine a lot of scenes from great movies would look bad out of context, because that's not how movies work, and of course human beings don't speak in monologues
    the people who don't want to see another movie about an angry white man I get because I felt that at times

CarpetElf and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

When she said the pie was just a pie I started singing Obvious Child to myself and had to keep it together. Loved that scene.

21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

What would you guys say Baumbach's best is?

I tried watching Frances Ha before I even saw this and couldn't finish it, the only thing good about that was Greta Gerwig lol I'll try again at some point I just didn't enjoy it at all first time around. Not familiar with anything else from him, and I absolutely loved this

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This, Frances Ha and Mistress America are my top 3 from him. Adore all three.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Frances Ha, bar none. It’s also in my ten best of the decade though so that shouldn’t be surprising ha.

Doomsday likes this.
  24. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting. I wonder if there was something I was missing. Like I said, I'll give it another shot

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the top three are frances, meyerowitz and this

Doomsday likes this.