Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marriage Story (Noah Baumbach, 2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by username, Jul 23, 2019.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Searching this on Twitter is getting me nowhere bc it’s just Star Wars stans fawning over Adam Driver

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

just realized there's a very real possibility of this winning original screenplay and Greta getting adapted screenplay which is wild

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

That’s wild. Also they’ll be competing against each other at the Globes

4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Honestly ScarJo and Driver both deserve Oscar noms for this. Some of the best performances I've seen all year.

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like this thing is lock for picture, actor, actress, supporting actress, screenplay and maybe directing noms, and it could easily win in three of those categories, if not more.

Also pretty sure Laura Dern is just gonna steamroll through awards season.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This is incredible. Had me feeling all sorts of different things. I think at this point Adam Driver is my favourite actor right now. Plus this might be my favourite Laura Dern performance.

All the court/lawyer scenes had me so stressed out. I really hope I never have to go through a divorce!

I got the impression ScarJos character maybe got the kid to read the letter? Like she was finally ready for him to hear it but didn't want to do it herself, which is why she came to the door. Idk, but I like that idea much more than the kid somehow finding it and reading it at that moment.

mike1885, yung_ting and TJ Wells like this.
  7. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

the world is so irony poisoned

ALT/MSC/FAN, TJ Wells and SpyKi like this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

There was also that line earlier in the film about Nicole being very good at getting people to do things for her when she wanted her sister to serve him.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The responses are a fucking cesspool.

ALT/MSC/FAN and yung_ting like this.
  10. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

A lot of those replies have an immense amount of "this thing is getting a lot of praise so I will hate it to be different" energy

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Twitter was a mistake. Everything on the internet, except this website, was a mistake.

TJ Wells likes this.
  12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Love to separate things from their context and dunk on them without seeing the full movie

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm going to be thinking about this movie for a very long time.

SpyKi likes this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The tweet was deleted, what did it say?

15. Morrissey

Trusted

This was good.

16. My eyes still hurt from watching this. Devastating and incredible. So good.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, it was incredible seeing Martha from Baskets! I had no idea she was even in this and she was playing essentially the same character. She’s hilarious.

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Merritt Wever was great, too. I haven’t seen her in much but I enjoy her every time she pops on screen.

ghostedaway, CarpetElf and TJ Wells like this.
  19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Merritt Wever needs to be in so much more, love her in Godless.

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Laura Dern feels like the strongest lock for the Oscars right now, right? I mean in general, not just for this movie.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Laura Dern has had a helluva run these last few years

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I think Scarlett and Laura are both going to win, but as good as Adam is, I think Deniro's going to win for Irishman.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Best actor is so stacked this year I’m imagining a Sideways scenario where one of the frontrunners doesn’t even get nominated.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah any other year Michael B Jordan and/or Jamie Foxx would be a lock and there's no guarantee either will get nominated

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

could totally see Marriage Story/Irishman splitting acting categories.