Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marriage Story (Noah Baumbach, 2019) Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by username, Jul 23, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

comparing this to the holiday. man. i should have known better than coming online today.

Cameron and stayillogical like this.
  2. This was great

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen and CarpetElf like this.
  4. Cameron likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yup
    I only saw the scene where Merrit Wever holds a pie that's the whole movie right

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

7. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

watched this for the third time today and firmly in the camp that it's absolutely terrific. so many incredible scenes. when he's cut and is laying on the floor hits me every time, along with the much more talked about scenes

popdisaster00 and yung_ting like this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

starting this

10. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

lol, poor/lack of appropriate punctuation.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wow

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i get some of the issues some people mentioned here already but this honestly played me like a harp and i'd easily call it the best of the few movies i've seen from baumbach

SpyKi likes this.
  13. cherrywaves

Trusted

This left me physically winded

Rowan5215 likes this.
  14. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

As a child of divorce, the most relatable scene of this film was probably near the end when Adam Driver walks into Scarlett's house and is greeted by her new boyfriend. I've witnessed that same type of awkward civility between my parents and their respective new partners.

15. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

my favourite bit of acting in this movie was during the letter scene when Charlie got to the part about his alcoholic parents/bad childhood, and intentionally cut himself off with some mumbling. Adam Driver fucking killed it

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Rewatching this tomorrow for a podcast I'm doing with a friend, really excited to revisit.

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

LTRFI?

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah! I saw you're doing Ad Astra, I'm excited to hear your thoughts on it.

phaynes12 likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really thought this would be a movie I watched once and absolutely loved but didn't go back to, but I've literally been thinking about it on and off ever since I watched it. Definitely think I need to go back to it before the Oscars

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I watched Frances Ha and Mistress America for the first time over the weekend. Both were great especially watching them side by side.

I then rewatched Squid and the Whale. I think this is still my favorite of Baumbach's. It's short, sweet and to the point and I think it makes a great companion piece to Marriage Story kind of like how Frances Ha and Mistress America work well together.

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea, Squid and MS are probably his two most autobiographical

riotspray likes this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I know he's denied some of the similarities between Marriage Story and his own life, has he said anything regarding Squid? Do you know if his parent's are divorced? If so, how old was Noah when it happened?

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

his parents divorced when he was 14

riotspray likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Given the age and year it is set, the Jesse Eisenberg character was basically Noah... growing up in Brooklyn where his parents were splitting in the mid 80s. His parents were both writers. Only big difference is Noah's parents had 4 children instead of 2 in the movie.

riotspray likes this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for info. I'm gonna try to watch Kicking and Screaming soon. I think it's the only one I haven't seen. May try to rewatch the others too as I don't think I've seen any of the rest since they were first released.