Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Maroon 5 Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Aug 30, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's bad bad not good

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm sure Adam is still a great frontman live though

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I can't think of anyone that is even close. Like, I enjoyed Creed when I was 12, but at least they had the courtesy to stop making music.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I've heard from one friend that they still put on a solid live show, not sure if I'd go see them at this point though haha. I'd probably hate more than half their setlist.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't think I've ever hated a Maroon 5 song, every song is exactly the same for the past 5 years and it's fine

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. beachdude

Honestly like... I get that objectively their new stuff is listenable if bland. It's 100% my love of their old music that makes me hate the new stuff as much as I do, and I usually hate being "that fan" of whatever band it is lol. But for these guys I can't help it :-p

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. irthesteve

While I have never seen them myself, my girlfriend saw them a couple years back when Kelly Clarkson opened for them. Everyone, including the people in her group that were there for Maroon 5, and not Kelly, agreed that Kelly blew them out of the water and Maroon 5 seemed to be playing it by the numbers, and were boring

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Maroon 7 haha.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. JamesMichael

Interesting the two songs released earlier on in the year aren’t on the album?

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Maroon 5 having to release a statement that they're not MRAs is insanely dumb even for 2017

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

So every track on both the standard and deluxe editions is between 3 and 4 minutes, pretty standard... EXCEPT for the closer of the standard album, "Closure"... which is ELEVEN AND A HALF MINUTES LONG. What the fuck will an 11 & a half minute Maroon 5 song even sound like in 2017 hahaha

12. beachdude

I'm actually curious now that I noticed that, because that's just SO out of nowhere.

13. lina555

Regular

Why? I guess this song is not bad!

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Probably a secret song on there, I imagine.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. beachdude

Yeah that would make sense lol... although there are 4 bonus tracks after that track on the deluxe edition, so it seems weird to have a hidden track and not just make it a bonus track imo. We’ll see I guess.

16. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

kind of surprised theyre still a band. could have seen adam going solo years ago

vidiviciveni likes this.
  17. irthesteve

Has to be a hidden track

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

Usher did a 9-minute track that was pretty good on his newest album, you never know haha

19. irthesteve

Undoubtedly the best song from the album so far

20. beachdude

Still pretty weak imo, but improvement is improvement I guess.

21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I just don't get why these guys had to devolve the way they did - they had a radio-ready sound, a heart throb singer, quality songwriting... and they just took a flaming dump all over its chest.

Songs About Jane was obviously great, but there was even merit for a few albums after... "Makes Me Wonder", "Won't Go Home Without You", "Wake Up Call", "Misery", "Never Gonna Leave This Bed"... all very good and well written tunes that were still in the vein of their original stuff.

Then "Moves Like Jagger" happened and it all fell apart.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. JamesMichael

It Won't Be Soon Before Long is definitely my favourite from them.

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. beachdude

Album leaked. I'd be lying if I said the intro track wasn't my favorite thing they've done in some time, even if it isn't like their old stuff. Maybe this album will actually be more tolerable overall than their terrible last two.

24. beachdude

Yeah this is... shockingly listenable so far, I’m almost done with the standard tracklist. Help Me Out is by far the worst track, but most of this is pretty tolerable modern pop. I know my bar is set way too low for this band now, but hey, it’s definitely improvement over their last two lol.

Haven’t gotten to the really long closing track yet lol, will report back.

25. beachdude

Closure is actually a nice way to end the album haha, it goes into an extended mellow instrumental jam for most of the track length. Pretty cool way of reminding us they’re still a band lol... Overall this is actually a pleasant pop album.