Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Maroon 5 Bassist Arrested for Domestic Violence

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mara Siegler, writing for Page Six:

Maroon 5 bassist Mickey Madden was arrested Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles following an allegation of domestic violence.

The LAPD confirmed to Page Six the charge against Madden, 41, is California penal code 273.5(a), which means that someone willfully inflicted a “traumatic” injury on a spouse or cohabitant.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Maroon 5 has other band members besides Adam Levine? You wouldn't know it from hearing the last several albums

3. WasteSomeTime

Regular

4. No, because it's offensive as fuck to domestic abuse survivors.

Mary V, scottlechowicz and K0ta like this.
  5. WasteSomeTime

Regular

The world does cater to what you find offensive. I personally don't find it funny but you don't get to just start censoring things because you don't find it ok. I was beaten by my dad when I was young often and it doesn't bother me.

johnthegawd likes this.
  6. Whether or not you're offended is irrelevant, actually

7. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

*sees article about someone being arrested for domestic abuse*

"Ah yes, perfect time to try out some new jokes!"

EDIT: And, just to be clear, the first two posts in this thread about an arrest for domestic abuse were jokes.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  8. WasteSomeTime

Regular

You don't censor things because you think it might hurt someones feelings.

johnthegawd likes this.
  9. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Yeah the person was a jackass but doesn't mean you take away his right to say it

10. I am not censoring the post..I literally could delete it if I wanted to.

johnthegawd and scottlechowicz like this.
  11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Good to see that he was arrested. Hopefully, the survivor's injuries are not too severe.

12. Sure I can. It’s my website and it’s right there in the rules! *insert kxcd image about the door and assholes online here*

Brent, prattsy, justin. and 3 others like this.
  13. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

It was a pretty insensitive joke. I’ll think twice in the future.

Fucking Dustin and Jason Tate like this.
  14. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I've always wondered why the free speech whiners only come out of the woodwork to defend assholes.

tyramail likes this.
  15. prattsy

Regular

I thought Maroon 5's bassist was that Sam Farrar dude from Phantom Planet or am I mixing things up in my head

16. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

He's in the band, just not the bassist.