Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marmozets - Knowing What You Know Now (January 26, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by unbornwhiskey, Oct 11, 2017.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

[​IMG]

1) Play
    2) Habits
    3) Meant To Be
    4) Major System Error
    5) Insomnia
    6) Lost In Translation
    7) Start Again
    8) Like A Battery
    9) New Religion
    10) Me & You
    11) Suffocation
    12) Run With The Rhythm

2. Inna Selez

Regular

3. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Never heard of this band but the song in the OP rips

4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

their previous album rips pretty hard too

JM95 likes this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I still need to check this band out. The other day i was texting my gf and no joke i typed a bunch of jibberish but among everything i spelled marmozets it was actually pretty freaky but yeah I will give them a listen this week. This song was good.

6. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Love this band, think they're somehow my most seen ever too from random festivals/support acts! First album was an incredible debut, wasn't so keen on Play but Habits is a banger, probably my favourite up and coming UK rock band atm

7. JM95

Trusted

Becca's a star in the making.

Can only echo the praise for their debut as well... fantastic record. Really looking forward to this.

softanimal likes this.
  8. Inna Selez

Regular

9. JM95

Trusted

How do you feel when someone like Liam Gallagher or Kasabian claim that rock n’ roll is dead or in need of saving?

“It’s a load of bullshit. Some people just write shit tunes and want something to complain about. People like that make me want to work harder and be like ‘fucking watch this’. Rock n’ roll is not dead. That just comes from these people who think they’re so fuckin’ cool being indie. Don’t me wrong, I love indie music, but it does piss me off because they think they’re the Gods and creators of rock n’ roll. Nah, you’re not mate.”

Nailed it haha.

10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Just got into this band... holy hell. This is awesome. Right up my alley.

JM95 likes this.
  11. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I haven't listened to the track yet but where do I know this band from and why

Someone once told me that Marmozets were awesome and I forgot it until today, is it true

12. JM95

Trusted

Listening to this now.

13. JM95

Trusted

I don't know what to say. Wow.

14. Bane

The spiciest meme

Just finished it and I hate to say it but I definitely like their first album a lot more from first impressions. There are some songs on this though.

15. StevenW92

Regular

First thing I’ve listened to by them but this is really good.

16. Patrick

Just gave this a listen, I think its going to take a few listens to really sink in. Becca sounds so good though, and I love how they have managed to stay creative and odd even though they have moved away from the unconventional time signatures and mathy styles that they had on their old stuff.

17. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Took a couple of listens but this album is incredible, and a huge step forward from their first. Becca is the best vocalist in rock by some distance imo, elevates this to certainly AOTY contender already

beachdude42 and JM95 like this.
  18. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Never listened to this band before, but really enjoying this. My kids are too.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"major system error" is so good

album is much more consistent than the first

20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Damn, "Habits"

That riff is tight

This is the kind of music Incubus should still be writing, and her voice compliments it really well

21. JM95

Trusted

Becca's vocal performance is staggering. Crazy good.

This album is an absolute delight. I really liked the debut but I think this wipes the floor with it. Can't wait to have some actual coherent thoughts on it.

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"suffocation" is wild

23. ugman_2000 Jan 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2018)
    ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished my first listen and it’s blown me away. I wasn’t overly into their last album so it’s kinda caught me off guard how much I dig this. Looking forward to to letting this album sink in with more listens.

beachdude42 and JM95 like this.
  24. Bane

The spiciest meme

Happy that the album is hitting with everyone else, I expected after finishing the first time that I just need to give it more time and it'll grow on me. I guess I just wanted a more immediate punch that their debut was to me. Not that I need more Vibetechs (although I fuckin love that song) and Becca is undeniably great on this album regardless of my first impression of it

25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Halfway thru and this is my favorite album this year so far. Admittedly was catching up on a bunch of 2017 albums for the first half of the month but this is good

beachdude42 likes this.