Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus Shares Some Blink-182 Updates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 did a little Q&A on Instagram over the weekend. He said they’re still working on the upcoming EP and that “Matt is going back into the studio with John to work on more songs. I think we have a tracklisting. We still need to finish these songs, get them mixed. We are a ways away still, but we are working on it.” And that he does not think they’re going to release a deluxe version of NINE:

There is no NINE deluxe at this point. The songs that we are going to release on this EP are not…When I think of a deluxe album, I think of the additional songs sometimes as songs that were thrown away or weren’t good enough to make the real album and so they are put on as bonus songs. We wrote new songs for the ‘California’ deluxe and I think that that stands on its own. But this one we are writing all new material and it didn’t feel like it was part of the NINE writing sessions. It felt like its own entity.

He also confirmed Matt is obviously still in the band (that was a fun week of conspiracy theories) and that there are bunch of Simple Creature songs that are waiting to be finalized and then released.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Glad to hear him confirm that Matt is still in the band. I wasn't concerned, but I was tired of hearing people make baseless accusations.

3. LightsOut

Regular

A Blink news with only 1 comment!? This site is going down?

4. Uknown76

Nope :concerned: