Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus Shares Early Blink-182 Lyric Drafts • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Meltingplastic

Hmm.. interesting to see Travis's latest post

Raku and theasteriskera like this.
  2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Raku and snaps like this.
  3. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Rumor on the blink subreddit is that him and Jen are going through/got a divorce and his kids are teens now so that combined with the debt of TTS and the fact that Tom is still technically an “owner” in Blink, I could see him signing back on. I wouldn’t even care if it was a cash grab... anything will be better than California.

Raku likes this.
  4. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

I revisited Neighborhoods for the first time in years the other day. Even if She Falls really stood out for me. Tom sings like younger Tom on that one. It just might be my favorite from that album.

Raku likes this.
  5. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

I love Neighborhoods. I really like California. I would be interested to see what happens if Tom comes back but I also like what they're doing with Skiba. It's like a Van Halen / Van Hagar situation over here. Stop me if we've talked about this before..

Essie and AshlandATeam like this.
  6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’ve never understood the neighborhoods hate. Natives, kaleidoscope, and after midnight are some of their best songs.

7. Crisp X Oct 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2018)
    Neighborhoods is such a better album than California in every way, and I feel like the surrounding aspects of the former tainted it in the eyes of the fanbase.

Raku and josh- like this.
  8. CMilliken

Trusted

I never got it either. I love the album. I get the production could have been a bit better but other than that gripe it’s a good start to finish listen. I also feel like it was then evolving as a band. Also felt very mature musically and lyrically. I think that’s why I just felt like California was such a huge step back to me.

9. California is what happens when a band is creatively bankrupt.