Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus Profile in GQ

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The full Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 profile for GQ is now online:

The diagnosis had prompted him to revisit other things too. When we initially spoke in September, he told me that he’d recently been going back over old Blink tracks—songs he’d played thousands of times—discovering that they’ve suddenly taken on new meaning. Of note was “Adam’s Song,” a somber number that Hoppus wrote in his 20s, from the imagined perspective of someone who felt suicidal but ultimately made the decision to carry on the hard work of living. “I’ve had a lot of thoughts about my own mortality, a lot of thoughts about what happens when I’m gone,” he said. “And so I’ve been listening to ‘Adam’s Song,’ thinking, Yeah, tomorrow holds such better days.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. stephenvstrex

grace upon grace

really tender reflection from mark. so glad to hear he’s doing better. i love that all three of them have made amends.

3. gbuffers

England.

Great article. Hats off to the journalist and it’s nice to hear the three of them have reconnected like they have. I want to see a proper blink reunion, either the 3 or 4 of them but for a band that means so much, it’s just good to know they’re good.

4. Drew23

Regular

I'm so happy he beat it. Cancer and the treatment sure did age him though. It's sad.

5. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

In all fairness, he's always looked boyishly young and he still looks better than most 49 year olds!

6. did we know Tom got divorced? bummer

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yes. He’s remarried now too!

8. Drew23

Regular

Haha true. Love Mark.

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.