Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus on New Blink-182 Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 is on the latest episode of the Blink-155 podcast. He shows up around the two hour and thirty minute mark and talks about fan reaction to the band’s new single:

I remember when we first put out “Feeling This,” and people were like, ‘Oh my gosh what is this? It has weird drums in the beginning and it has screaming. And Mark is screaming ‘I’m feeling this,’ and does Mark think he’s rapping in the bridge?’ There was all of this negative feedback on “Feeling This” and it’s, I think, one of our best songs.

He then goes on to say the new album is being mixed right now but doesn’t have a title, they think they’re doing writing for it, they tried really hard not to write California again, and the album will have “really aggressive stuff […], stuff that’s probably even poppier than ‘Blame It on My Youth,’ and weird stuff.”

2. I’m so ready for this album now. Blame it on my youth is great.

moura and Jason Tate like this.
  3. delvec19

Trusted

Late June a realistic expectation for release?

4. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

hope so, i think Travis said it will be out before Warped Tour and thats June 29th or June 8th if you count the mini stop at the rock n roll hall of fame

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like they have a lot to tie together still. I wouldn’t be shocked if it was a mid to late July release.

6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Blink is only playing the June 30 date, but I still think the full album before that is unlikely.

Travis' comment about Warped Tour was a while back, and there have definitely been some delays since then.